Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to pick up the machine this weekend and have a few questions,

I've tried searching but a general search brings up all kinds of posts and not machine specific. Or I'm doing it wrong.:)

Where are you guys with the XTZ mounting the winch solenoid?

How many XTZ owners are removing the rear swaybar.

Anyone add tail lights to the bed? I'm guessing you can tie into the wires going up the roll cage just like the other prowlers.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Where are you guys with the XTZ mounting the winch solenoid?

I mounted mine under the drivers seat on the rear fire wall.

How many XTZ owners are removing the rear swaybar.

I don't have one and it seems to articulate and handle the nasty stuff better. Lot's of body roll though without it especially on the street.

Anyone add tail lights to the bed? I'm guessing you can tie into the wires going up the roll cage just like the other prowlers.

UTV Crap sells a kit that gives you tail/turn lights.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info

I liked the sway bar removed on the 650 just wasn't sure if it was needed on the 1000 due to more performance.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The xtz sway bar looks like it would let the rear a-frame drop down as low as it can since its not bolted to the a-frame and just stop it from bottom out.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
My suspension is all after market long travel so it may differ from what the stock a-arms would do without the sway bar. I was supposed to have a sway bar included in the build of my XTZ but that never happened. I think Dragonfire racing build a nice one. I just don't know that i need it or the extra weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are a couple of pics before loading it up at dealers.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone put the short cables on the tailgate? Can't find any listed for the 2010's

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are you guys doing to mount the winch and running the cable out the front?

Are you cutting the plastic bumper grill or removing it entirely and leaving the mounting studs sticking out?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
What are you guys doing to mount the winch and running the cable out the front?

Are you cutting the plastic bumper grill or removing it entirely and leaving the mounting studs sticking out?

I had mine mounted to the factory winch plate in the front but the plate blocks a lot of airflow to the radiator and oil cooler. What I have now is a Warn winch mounted set up that you can get from Montanajacks.com. I have a quick release connection going to the front 2" receiver and one going to the rear 2" receiver. I leave the winch out and in a plastic tool container in the bed until I need it. The winch mount is very compact and easy to use. Let me know if you need part numbers etc...

·
Registered
88 Posts
if you do decide to mount it in front were the factory mount is you have to order a diff. winch set up because your fairlead dosent match up to the winch bolts, so for the warn it comes with two black spacers that go on the outside between the fairlead and the mounting area then you screw the blocks on to the winch then on the blocks is two holes in the center were your fairlead bolts on. but this is all for warn other brands may differ. then for the plastic on the front myself i took compleatly off but if you take it off and turn it over there is a out line molded into the plastic were you cut it with a razor to pop the center out hope this all helps

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
if you do decide to mount it in front were the factory mount is you have to order a diff. winch set up because your fairlead dosent match up to the winch bolts, so for the warn it comes with two black spacers that go on the outside between the fairlead and the mounting area then you screw the blocks on to the winch then on the blocks is two holes in the center were your fairlead bolts on. but this is all for warn other brands may differ. then for the plastic on the front myself i took compleatly off but if you take it off and turn it over there is a out line molded into the plastic were you cut it with a razor to pop the center out hope this all helps

Yeah you might be right on the standard Warn winches. Mine is a Warn/Arctic Cat RT 30 which was designed to bolt right in as far as I know.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll have to do some measuring. I had the Venom 4000 lb winch on the 650 and it bolted right in including the fairlead.

How does the montana jacks system come out from under the bumper? Does it stick out quite aways?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I'll have to do some measuring. I had the Venom 4000 lb winch on the 650 and it bolted right in including the fairlead.

How does the montana jacks system come out from under the bumper? Does it stick out quite aways?

TripleJ

Montanajacks is just the website that sells all of the warn winch products. Everything I use is standard warn products. I purchased the atv/utv 2" receiver mount that just slides into the front or rear receiver. You wouldn't want to drive around with it in the front receiver but the rear would be ok. It sticks out a little. i use the UTV crap custom front bumper and it work with an extention on the front that I mad. i will post some pics when i get home next week.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pics would be great if you get a chance.

Next question, how are you guys getting rid of the reverse limiter?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, the more time I spend in it the more questions.

I noticed at about 60 mph the center of the hood starts lifting by the dash, hit 74 mph yesterday and it's really flopping there.

Anyone else having this issue? And if so how are you dealing with it or are you just ignoring it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts