Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start off by saying that prowlertalk is very helpful and informative:). Now to the problem, I bought a used 2006 arctic prowler 650 H1 and it ran fine for a month. One day when I was driving it through a ditch the transmission went out and cracked the housing. So I ordered a new motor/transmission and just got everything hooked up. It fired up fine, but it is overheating. I read that it may have air in the engine and I am not sure how to get it out:confused:If someone could explain how to get the air out, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks Jason

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the site Jason.First thing I would do is remove the cap and start it.Let it get hot enough for the fan to come on.This should happen around 180 degrees.Then I would carefully check that the water is circulating.You could do this by feeling the inlet pipe that is moving water to the engine from the radiator.Or you could just look in the top of the radiator to see if coolant is circulating.The radiator is a down flow so the hot water comes from the engine to the top of the radiator.And then runs down to the bottom and back to the engine.If that is good let it cool.Then get the front of the cat as high as you can.Seeing how air is lighter than coolant it will travel to the highest point of the cooling system or the radiator.That should get any air out if in fact there is some.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the site Jason.First thing I would do is remove the cap and start it.Let it get hot enough for the fan to come on.This should happen around 180 degrees.Then I would carefully check that the water is circulating.You could do this by feeling the inlet pipe that is moving water to the engine from the radiator.Or you could just look in the top of the radiator to see if coolant is circulating.The radiator is a down flow so the hot water comes from the engine to the top of the radiator.And then runs down to the bottom and back to the engine.If that is good let it cool.Then get the front of the cat as high as you can.Seeing how air is lighter than coolant it will travel to the highest point of the cooling system or the radiator.That should get any air out if in fact there is some.
It also helps to raise the front wheels higher than the rears. Old Mechanics trick, And let it run with the cap off. SandChris must be an OLD MECHANIC!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts