Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 Prowler 700 HDX and when I take off and start riding it, it starts to smell hot and when I lift the box up and look at the exhaust, it is beat red and hot. You can feel the heat coming through the holes for the seat belts. I do have a soft cab on it. I didn't know if the soft cab is affecting it or not. I did take the rocker panel off on the driver side and had a piece made with some air vents to pull some air into the engine area but that didn't seem to help. Anyone else have any other ideas why it runs hot. I don't even have 70 miles on the thing yet. Thanks.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the site! The exhaust should never be that hot, not even on a new machine! Check the spark plug to see if it is running lean. I've had similar issues and found out it was a vacuum leak that made it go lean. Check the intake, and the boot that mounts the throttle body, or better yet if it is under warranty, I'd haul it back to the dealer! Let us know the outcome! Stay connected

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Welcome to the site! The exhaust should never be that hot, not even on a new machine! Check the spark plug to see if it is running lean. I've had similar issues and found out it was a vacuum leak that made it go lean. Check the intake, and the boot that mounts the throttle body, or better yet if it is under warranty, I'd haul it back to the dealer! Let us know the outcome! Stay connected
I agree take it back to the dealer.........

·
Registered
518 Posts
Possible the spark arrestor is plugged? Those are supposed to be pulled out and inspected within so many miles of being new. Seems unlikely, but it's easy to check.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
That is a good point!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts