Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 650 and I broke a rear axle today. It broke the axle in two at the lower splines. My ? is has anyone bought any off ebay and are they any good or should I buy a stock one.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I just broke one today also.

08 650xt broke left rear outer @ cv.

I am gonna look into better replacements. Or if xtz axle's will fit?

Let me know what you find out and I will do the same.

Thanks
Riddler28

·
Registered
682 Posts
I dont think the XTZ axles will fit, but check with some of the other guys on the site. The cv's breaking is a common problem, and the ***** about that is you cant just buy the cv from AC. YOu have to buy the whole axle.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ya that sucks. Teryx are the same way

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt brake the cv I broke the axle. anyone have one with a bad cv but a good axle I got mine apart bolth cv's are ok. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hay lawndog, how many miles on your rig,and what type riding you do with it.I have over 6500 miles on mine haven't broke axle yet. I play in the mud a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just broke my left side the same way but also broke my right side but it broke the upper cv joint lol I have only 817 km and have took out a lot of parts from both diffs,tyrods,spreg clutch,starter,and now the axels. but if u find some good axles please let me know

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hay lawndog, how many miles on your rig,and what type riding you do with it.I have over 6500 miles on mine haven't broke axle yet. I play in the mud a lot.
I have 1800 miles I like the mud also. I don't ride hard the only time I take it out is when my 4 year old wants to go other than that I ride my 700 raptor. I think it my be the bigger tires I put 27in xtr's on it in december but I don't get to crazy in the mud I don't have a winch and most of the time the others I ride with don't have anything to pull me out if I get stuck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
tried to PM you, sandchris. Mailbox is full. I need the front, right axle for an 06 prowler 650 H1 with 4.0 gears. I will take a stock axle if thats all I can get. PM me as I may lose this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts