Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Prowler case leaks What oil are you running?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  goonski 
I have a 2009 XTX700 and at 510 miles on it, I brought it in to the dealer for it's first change as recommened by the dealer. When I picked it up the service rep informed me that the tech put the wrong oil in it, he put in arctic cat 10w40 instead of the synthetic that it called for, but assured me that it will be fine until the next change. At 580 miles, I had an issue with the cvt, it seemed to lock up as if in "high gear" and would not pull itself, it would move if you put it in low. I opened the belt cover and found oil in the bottom, so I phoned the dealer and he told me to bring it in and he will look at it. They replaced the seals under warrenty and I was told that there was updated seals and I should not have any more problems. When they replaced the seals, I mentoined that they should put the right oil in the engine this time, so they put the synthetic in it and so far so good, its now at almost 700 miles. Hopes this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.