Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, everybody. I’m new here.

Does anybody know Prowler HDX 700 torque? Arctic Cat keeps it “secret”. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your attention.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i seen something on here about the horse power on the prowlers,someone will chime in.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i seen something on here about the horse power on the prowlers,someone will chime in.:)
Hi, de3. I found it's 41.3 hp, but I'm looking for torque. Some machines have big torque differences with similar power. Anyway, thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i have been on three different web sites and they all say N/A on the torque,i did see where the bore and stroke is the same on the 700 xtx and same on the hdx.:confused: welcome aboard lots of great members,willing to help everybody out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have been on three different web sites and they all say N/A on the torque,i did see where the bore and stroke is the same on the 700 xtx and same on the hdx.:confused: welcome aboard lots of great members,willing to help everybody out.
Hi, de3.

IMO this post didn’t wake interest. I’ve seen a lot of sites without success. Anyway, thank you very much for your help and interest.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome, Sorry no one has the answer yet

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
torque

rod hang in there,i just pm a member maybe he can help us out.i know the new wildcat is 94ft lbs maybe a little less.

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
I talked to my dealer and here's what he said...

44.1 hp and 39.3ft/lbs torque at 6000 RPM Dyno....

I've looked everywhere and cant find this in writing but he said that's what it tested at..
It's a little higher (Torque) than the XTX because they are geared lower. (According to him)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rod hang in there,i just pm a member maybe he can help us out.i know the new wildcat is 188 ft lbs.:)
Hi, de3.

188? Wow, it flies! How did you get it? Arctic Cat keeps secret Wildcat specs too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, Triple J.

This page didn’t let me quote your post. It told: You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.

I’m almost completely ignorant in this matter, so it was interesting to read it and to learn it’s a known, established parameter. I thought it was, I don’t know how to say, well, it was measured apart for each engine, screw, etc. But it’s true that all correlates in physics.

But a problem arose. I tested several torque calculators but results don’t fit with brands data for Club Car and John Deere that states power, torque and rpm.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to my dealer and here's what he said...

44.1 hp and 39.3ft/lbs torque at 6000 RPM Dyno....

I've looked everywhere and cant find this in writing but he said that's what it tested at..
It's a little higher (Torque) than the XTX because they are geared lower. (According to him)
HI, daryle_TN.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anytime.. I tested the calculator several times and each time it gave me a higher number than actual. I'm guessing it's because the the calc is a straight-up formula and the specs that you read about on a machine are the Dyno'd HP and Torque to ground. Which should always be lower than what the calc shows. I could be wrong but just my guess based on what I've seen.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
it was on one of those sites i was on looking on when i was trying to find your specs,the wild cat will run 75 mph plus,and i think the 1000 prowler is also very cloes................thanks for looking into that Daryle:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anytime... Seems like Arctic Cat wants to keep that a secrect for some reason. I looked up the other major players (RZR, Rhino, Teryx) and they ALL show HP and Torque and specific RPM's (Usually 6k).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, Daryle_TN and de3. I hope I'll can send this post. The site didn't accept my reply yesterday, because "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more". Thanks for your interest.

I took information from official pages of each brand. Some few data come from other pages.

Daryle, I’ve looked several times on and I saw Polaris, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Arctic Cat do not state power or torque.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I will have to get him to send me a link but my buddy has a list that has everyone but arctic cat on it. I will get it from him and post it here.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
daryle,i just checked the horse power and torque chart,and what you had for the hdx is really close,i checked it for the wildcat and it come up about 94 ft lbs of torque and thats saying it has 90 hp which i dont think it does.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Triple J,thanks for bringing up the horsepower to torque calculator.:)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I read that the hp is 41.4

1 - 20 of 20 Posts