Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some of you guys with tracks on your machines measure the overall height of your machines at the tallest point?

I've already got clearance issues with my garage so need to know how tall it would sit with tracks.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wont be home for a day or so but guessing at six inches higher minimum
Thank you.

If you think of it when you get home could you get me an exact measurement?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I get 82 inches from the floor to the highest point on my hard cab. That is with camoplast tracks maybe others are different. Sorry for bad news.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you both for the measurements, gives me food for thought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a related question regarding clearance on my trailer. Can someone provide the width to the outside of the tracks (Tatou UTV 4S) when mounted on the Prowler?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks scheftie, one more question.
Does the 68" apply to the width between outside of the tracks for both the front and the back or is the front width slightly narrower. I'm trying to see if I can squeeze my Prowler on my trailer with tracks mounted on the Prowler. I have 66" clearance between wheel wells but only the front tracks should have to pass through the wheel well area.
My Prowler is only a 550cc (550 H1 with flatbed) but I'm assuming it will still drive the tracks since I don't need speed.

Thanks again

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks scheftie, one more question.
Does the 68" apply to the width between outside of the tracks for both the front and the back or is the front width slightly narrower. I'm trying to see if I can squeeze my Prowler on my trailer with tracks mounted on the Prowler. I have 66" clearance between wheel wells but only the front tracks should have to pass through the wheel well area.
My Prowler is only a 550cc (550 H1 with flatbed) but I'm assuming it will still drive the tracks since I don't need speed.

Thanks again
power won't be a problem unless in real deep snow. the tracks are the same however the wheels are set in about 11/2 inches. so the tracks will flex to maybe squeeze through 67 inches. The block idear sounded good to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK, thanks for the information. Looks like the blocks will have to do for now. I had planned on blocking the back anyway to raise the tracks up enough to remove the ramps (tracks will overhang the back). Blocks will have to be around 4" high to clear the wheel wells. Looks like a new trailer may be in the future but it will have to be distant future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts