Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...does anyone have a problem with the hood staying open when you open it up. Can't seem to keep mine open except to bungee it to the bumper to stay open when I'm messing around under the hood.:(

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
hood

TBird,does your hood hit the bumper,I know on my 06 when i had the factory bumper on it my hood would open up 3/4 way,and with my new bumper it will still open just a little more than 1/2 way.IT wont close by itself.MAYBE YOUR PARKED UP HILL:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Never had that problem.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have the same problem with mine.. unless its parked facing downhill or I prop it with a stick it slams shut. was trying to think of a permanent solution but the prop stick is all I've come up with so far...

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
thats strange,i thought they all opened up all the way,with out the bumper mine will damn near open flat.:confused:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
No the later models do not open like the older models

·
Registered
812 Posts
my '10 XTZ does the same, It hits the hood stop tabs and may have to "re-engineer" them with the hammer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my '10 XTZ does the same, It hits the hood stop tabs and may have to "re-engineer" them with the hammer. :rolleyes:
That's exactly what mine hits on. Haven't seen anywhere I could adjust the position of the hood either. Let me know what you do to remedy this. I will post if I change anything.:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
That's exactly what mine hits on. Haven't seen anywhere I could adjust the position of the hood either. Let me know what you do to remedy this. I will post if I change anything.:eek:
next time Iam at my articcat shop i will look at a new one.:)

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Old Post, but same problem! Finally took a close look at the hood not staying open. I used a crescent wrench to bend the stop tabs. Minor adjustment, but the hood stays open.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Mine stays open with no mods.

2013-08-13 08.35.34.jpg 2013-08-13 08.35.50.jpg

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Old Post, but same problem! Finally took a close look at the hood not staying open. I used a crescent wrench to bend the stop tabs. Minor adjustment, but the hood stays open.
RD, are those stop tabs welded on or bolted on? Sometimes I wish I had some kind of stop on my '06.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
....I wish mine would stay open like that. I bent the stop tabs slightly to help on level ground, but if facing uphill with a slight breeze, down it goes. May try bending the stops more.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
....I believe they are part of the frame bent over to catch the front edge of the hood.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mine has the same issue. Will have to try bending the tabs as well. Thanks for the info RD!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My 09 would stay open.

My 2011 would not.

I used the cresent trick and it would stay open.
Just not enough as I would like to give full access.
So I took the sawzall and made a few cuts just a tad longer in the stop tab then re-bent the tabs and then it would lay wide open.

Much Better!

Just a few tweeks will get you guys in the right place, it helps greatly.
I hated that hood falling on my head.
I also miss that huge storage box :(

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Mine would open to far,the wires for my HID'S wasn't long enough,I had my bumper welded on and now it will stay open when it is on level ground,now my hood hits the bar I had welded to the bumper.

·
Registered
232 Posts
...does anyone have a problem with the hood staying open when you open it up. Can't seem to keep mine open except to bungee it to the bumper to stay open when I'm messing around under the hood.:(
Your wife is supposed to hold your Beer with one hand, and hold your hood open with the other! page 51 in the owners manual!...lol

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Your wife is supposed to hold your Beer with one hand, and hold your hood open with the other! page 51 in the owners manual!...lol
Yea Terry,thats how it goes.I told you awhile back just park downhill:D.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
The tabs on my 09 are part of the front bumper bracket, be very easy to duplicate similar stop tabs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts