Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a set of 4 king shocks for the Prowler. These also have the adjustable compresion knobs and there is a world of difference from one end to the other of the adjustments. They came off a 2008 XTX. I am sure they will fit most of the prowlers but I am not sure about the XTZ. These were purchased new in September of 2009. probably have only 25 hours ride time on them. What a difference over the stock shocks...WOW!

Also, King was the best company I have worked with in a long time. If you have questions I would direct you to their website.

Please see the attached pictures.

New these were 480.00 per shock

my price is 1500.00 for the set and I will pay shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to be installing a custom made long travel kit and these shocks wont work with the kit. I have already ordered the king shocks that will fit the new suspension and I am excited that King had some shocks that would work for this application. A bit more expensive but I was so pleased with the stock Kings that I know these will be great. And the guys at King are so great to deal with and really helpful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I will be sure to post some pics of the new set up. I just cant say enough about King's customer service... top notch. These stock shocks were everything I could have hoped for out of a stock replacement. They really helped keep the tires on the ground through tough terrain. I just have to tinker with the next best suspension. I hope there is someone out there who is looking for a better ride out of their stock Prowler because these shocks will do it. and they are easy to install.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I will be sure to post some pics of the new set up. I just cant say enough about King's customer service... top notch. These stock shocks were everything I could have hoped for out of a stock replacement. They really helped keep the tires on the ground through tough terrain. I just have to tinker with the next best suspension. I hope there is someone out there who is looking for a better ride out of their stock Prowler because these shocks will do it. and they are easy to install.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Chris... I sure thought there would be someone looking for an upgrade to the stock suspension, and this is about the best upgrade you can get without long travel.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
He will have to drop the price more to get rid of those shocks any time soon.

Yeah they look good but 1500 for used, I would drop the xtra $ to get new myself.

I got new walkers shipped 2day air to Alaska for less than $1500

·
Registered
861 Posts
He will have to drop the price more to get rid of those shocks any time soon.

Yeah they look good but 1500 for used, I would drop the xtra $ to get new myself.

I got new walkers shipped 2day air to Alaska for less than $1500

ummm yeah..but they're walkers...theres a reason Kings are more..:cool:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
ummm yeah..but they're walkers...theres a reason Kings are more..:cool:
I agree, Walker Evans Shocks aren't near as good as Kings. That I know from testing them on Arctic Cat Prowlers. Go to any off-road race and see how many of the top racers are running Kings versus the other brands. Fox Shocks are good too, at even more price, but the Kings are winning many races right now. Even if you aren't racing, that technology transfers down to recreation and improves it.
$1500 for the Kings is an excellent price..oh, and if you want real cheap, go buy some Elkas or Works Shocks...even cheaper...just a step above OEM.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I could go a grand but not more for used shocks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts