Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby & I are retired & just moved to Wasilla, AK from Houston, TX. We bought a used 2010 Prowler 700 from a friend of our son's who was moving back to TX. We've not had any real problems until yesterday when I could not shift the ATV into reverse, & had trouble finding neutral. Came onto this site to get answers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome! There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site with a lot great info. I'm sure they will be able to help. I would start by checking the shift linkage. Also, you can download a service manual from a link on this site. K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the family!!!! yes check the lincage and also make sure its not idling to high,,,,,,this will also fight the shift

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the site, always a pleasure to greet new people! I have a 2009 700 XTX, pretty much the same machine you have. I had a similar problem with mine, it was the shifter cable being out of adjustment, I took the cable off and lubed the cable, then I moved the shift arm on the case until neutral was shown on the dash panel. I then re-installed the cable making sure it is not binding on anything. I then put the shifter in neutral and attached the cable. Not that hard of a job. Good Luck with your Prowler.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hubby & I are retired & just moved to Wasilla, AK from Houston, TX. We bought a used 2010 Prowler 700 from a friend of our son's who was moving back to TX. We've not had any real problems until yesterday when I could not shift the ATV into reverse, & had trouble finding neutral. Came onto this site to get answers.
Welcome to the best prowler site.....I agree with the other members check the linkage.................:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house , big decision moving from Texas to Ak and I'm sure a very steep learning curve for the extremes :)

say hi to Sarah for us LOL

enjoy all the dark nights and long days [depending on what season your in] ... and of course the Aura Borealis is worth the move in itself :)

good luck on adjusting .. OH and as said lots of knowledge running around here feel free to questions the fellers , seems like your one of only a couple ladies on board , we'll have to start watching our speak now :) as some of us are a little loose lip [that would be me .. sorry in advance if I slip] .

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site, there's several of us retired folks here! My '07 650 calls for for the idle to be at 1250-1350 rpms, like they said if it's too high the clutch will try to engage making it hard to shift. But if your not having any problems shifting into the forward gears I would lean toward the shift cable being out of adjustment or in a bind somewhere. It's easy to check the rpms while running just push the bottom button on the speedo display and it will change to rpm mode.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
welcome to the house , big decision moving from Texas to Ak and I'm sure a very steep learning curve for the extremes :)

enjoy all the dark nights and long days [depending on what season your in] ... and of course the Aura Borealis is worth the move in itself :)

good luck on adjusting .. OH and as said lots of knowledge running around here feel free to questions the fellers , seems like your one of only a couple ladies on board , we'll have to start watching our speak now :) as some of us are a little loose lip [that would be me .. sorry in advance if I slip] .
Gary I i have a friend that lives in AK,its a whole different world with the amount of day light,there gonna move when the kids get out of school.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
some folks can't handle the darkness for the length of time it's that way .. or the cabin fever they get during winter .. not to mention the cost of living ... it's not for us old guys for sure , I could no more cut the wood I'd need than the man in the moon ... it's take me all summer just for that chore not to mention all the things that must be done in a short while during the nice weather and Mosquito season :) ... and I'd end up in the hospital for back problems QIUCK

·
Registered
177 Posts
my daughter lives in anchorage and really enjoys it.Been up there twice and I believe it would be a quading paradise

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Not for the faint of heart! Takes a special individual to live there, and that ain't me! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
my daughter lives in anchorage and really enjoys it.Been up there twice and I believe it would be a quading paradise
Slycat my first cousin lived there all his life and moved to W.V Cause his dad changed jobs,and he loved it there,and said in time he will move back to AK,and he lived in Anchorage...and he did say the cost of living is un-real...i would love to visit sometime......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I went to that site & got the manual. We were able to adjust the linkage to get all gears back except LOW. Going to try it out today & plow my driveway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
De3, I note you are from Parkersburg WV. I was born & lived off & on in New Martinsville, not that far from you. Yes, Alaska is great & we've been quading in Eklutna. Great ride along the lake shore & across some creeks to picnic under a waterfall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Moving here was a long time dream for us & we finally "bit the bullet" and moved here in July of this year. We love our Prowler & have affectionately named him The Green Goblin. Yes the ATV trails around here are awesome.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks, I went to that site & got the manual. We were able to adjust the linkage to get all gears back except LOW. Going to try it out today & plow my driveway.
I don't plow snow with mine, but I imagine its heavy. I would recommend using low, so do don't overwork your clutch. Even though your machine will climb steep hills in high, using low is better for it! You should keep messing with it until you get your low range back.

·
Registered
282 Posts
agreed, plow in low

·
Registered
282 Posts
Im pretty sure she is a resident of Arizona now ever since she QUIT her job to become famous.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
De3, I note you are from Parkersburg WV. I was born & lived off & on in New Martinsville, not that far from you. Yes, Alaska is great & we've been quading in Eklutna. Great ride along the lake shore & across some creeks to picnic under a waterfall.
Small world yea N.Martinsville is only 45 minutes from me,I live in Waverly this side of ST. Marys///// any kind of good spray lube would be fine.my 06 is all linkage and had very little problems with it..........glad to meet you....:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts