Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw a paintable body on ebay. Why are you changing them? I have on also in green I had to put to fenders on it I got the #'s off line and called my dealer and he ordered them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw a paintable body on ebay. Why are you changing them? I have on also in green I had to put to fenders on it I got the #'s off line and called my dealer and he ordered them.
I would prefer the sage green (dark) or camo vs. the lime green at this time.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I can replace the lime green with camo or flat black, then I'll sell the lime green as I would have no need for it. I tried to call these people you referenced and they were only a "call" center. They could not talk about the product. I priced the camo replacement parts at the dealer and they were $1000 with tax. A little steep. I have investigated CamoClad and the denier canvas coverings as well. Still think I want to replace the plastic.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
If I can replace the lime green with camo or flat black, then I'll sell the lime green as I would have no need for it. I tried to call these people you referenced and they were only a "call" center. They could not talk about the product. I priced the camo replacement parts at the dealer and they were $1000 with tax. A little steep. I have investigated CamoClad and the denier canvas coverings as well. Still think I want to replace the plastic.
Babbitts is a real store. It has been there a long time. I would try and contact the store parts dept and skip the online order takers.

Babbitts Sports Center

3712 Airline Rd.
Muskegon MI 49444

Phones:
800-824-3308
231-737-9241.
231-737-4542

Also, if there is a Bass Pro Shop near you, ask their parts folks for a quote. (Bass Pro Shops sell Arctic Cat).

Lastly, besides eBay and the forum classifieds, try some of the fabricators that build custom cars with custom bodies. They have to do something with the leftover OEM plastic, so it would be worth a try. Examples: UTVCRAP, DragonFire, & Prestige Motorports.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Arctic Cat has a paintable body kit that comes in Black. I've put a couple of those on Prowlers and they were quite popular. And they are cheaper than buying the individual body parts.
The pn is 1436-239 for a 2009 XT Prowler Kit. MSRP is $409.95. Check it out at a local dealer or order online from Babbits.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If your crafty you can paint plastic. Duplicolor & Krylon make plastic paint for lawn furniture. It holds up suprisingly well. A friend did his Teryx and it gets beat on in the trails he is allways behind me.Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
arcticcatpartshouse.com has them. When you are clicking on the prowler u have put is as green or camo and it will give you the parts in that color. The hood is @ $180 and the fenders are @ $20 each.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts