Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Anyone herd anything on the new prowler sport model that artic cat is holding back on.the 1000 and 740 sport model like to here something soon.:D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
1000 sport utv will have fox shocks and maxxis big horns, Cant tell who I heard it from or he will kill me! Due in January

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think it is a myth (maybe a prototype exists?). I do not see the cats selling well here on the west coast, which would be the biggest market area for a machine like the Polaris RZR-S. 'Cats are still an oddity where I ride (mine is the ONLY one I have ever seen). So, until sales and dealer support increase by a large margin, I don't think it makes financial sense for AC to launch a new machine. Improvements to existing machines only......at least for now.:(

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I think it is a myth (maybe a prototype exists?). I do not see the cats selling well here on the west coast, which would be the biggest market area for a machine like the Polaris RZR-S. 'Cats are still an oddity where I ride (mine is the ONLY one I have ever seen). So, until sales and dealer support increase by a large margin, I don't think it makes financial sense for AC to launch a new machine. Improvements to existing machines only......at least for now.:(
That may be the way it is where you are, but overall, Cat is increasing market share by big steps. And the best way to increase market share even more is to introduce the sport machine.
That being said, I tend to agree with what Joes5091 said. Picture it this way,
Point 1: Arctic Cat has called all the TSMs to Thief River Falls for a product intro.

Point 2: It's the wrong time of the year to intro snow machines since delivery wouldn't take effect till after most of the snow season is gone.

Point 3: Arctic Cat has a history of introducing all new (completely new models) ATV/UTVs around December to January as with the XTZ and the power steering units. They have introduced changed machines usually in the summer.

Point 4: They are hosting a Media Ride in Texas as we discuss this and media rides/intros to media outlets typically occur 4 to 6 weeks prior to public release.

So that being said, I will say, look out UTV/SideXSide world, it's coming...what, I'm not saying...but it is... :D

This :confused: is you now.... This :D:D:D:D is you in a few weeks...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wow Darryl89 your getting me all excited bout this. I don't know why, i cant afford a new machine anyway.LOL But i would love to see this new sport machine come out. I agree with you. Nothing will get more people buying than an all new sport machine. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Why would RZRs only be big on the west coast? I would think all UTVs across the board would sell more over there. Im just curios.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
prowler sport

Why would RZRs only be big on the west coast? I would think all UTVs across the board would sell more over there. Im just curios.
Thanks guys for the info,i know it is there just hope they release it soon hope you are right on jan or very soon i would like to have one,cant afford it but that is why they call it makeing payments so you can enjoy life as we go,we are only here one time lets enjoy while we can.:D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Thanks guys for the info,i know it is there just hope they release it soon hope you are right on jan or very soon i would like to have one,cant afford it but that is why they call it makeing payments so you can enjoy life as we go,we are only here one time lets enjoy while we can.:D
Lets hope they come out with it. Polaris has had a 30% increase in sales in the last year, attributed alot to the RZR-S and RZR-4, they even had to hire over 800 new employees to keep up with production....

Arctic Cat, are you listening... those are hi-performance sport machines (ie: no utility use whatsoever) that are being attributed with the increase in sales when the industry-wide sales, compared to last year is down considerably...

Everyone needs to keep telling their local dealers to mention the want for the sport machine...it is coming, but when I don't know for sure. Arctic Cat may be letting the fanfare of the CanAm Commander die down before they introduce their machine so as to not compete media-wise with it...

Chris Twomey, CEO of AC just stepped down and there are several new promotions at AC, so that may well be why they called all the territory reps in to Thief River Falls. Joey D from UTVUG says he doesn't think the new sport machine will be coming out right away, but says there is some news being released December 15th, but is under embargo to not say what that news is.

Lets keep our fingers crossed... of course, I already have my sport Prowler...hehehe :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
i am unsure if production on them has already started, but as of last march, there were nearly 10 prototypes built and from what i was told, they had been built for a long time, like nearly 2 years. i hope they do it, i want one some kinda bad! a gotta buddy that is pretty high up in arctic cat and he teases me. acts like nothing is going on but he says things in that sarcastic voice so it makes me think something is up. i too was told there was a big meeting two weeks ago of all the big wigs. wish i was there to see stuff

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they are not coming out with it in January, In fact I was told by one of the higher ups from Cat that es there are prototypes and its not far off, but no new prowlers will be released in January. I do know there will some ATVs coming out then and I believe some people will be surpriesed, but not what we are looking for since we want the side X Side. On the speculation side I anticipate it coming as a 2012 model and that will probly be a big year since it is the 50th anniversary, so we will see.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would be happy if they just beefed up the current models to acceptable levels.

Hard to put trust in a new bike when they cant get to current ones dialed in.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I would be happy if they just beefed up the current models to acceptable levels.

Hard to put trust in a new bike when they cant get to current ones dialed in.
Joey D from UTVUG spent several days on the 2011 models in the summer and then spent more time on them a couple weeks ago...he said that he is really starting to like the Prowlers more and more. And that's coming from a guy that's in the middle of Teryx's, Can Ams and RZRs.... They are improving.

But yes, we can expect something new from AC (not a Sport SXS) come December 15th...

I heard the same thing from a higher up in AC, don't expect them in January, but they are more likely going to be a 2012 model that we will see mid year 2011.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts