Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Prowler Tire Stud

5K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  gdeez 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get new longer tire studs for my prowler? The factory size is too short I need ones about 1/2" longer.

#7 ·
Definately would help to know what you are doing or what you are using.. If you are using spacers or adapters might want to consider drilling the stud holes out on your hubs and using grade 8 nut and bolts to mount your spacers to the hubs (prolly wont have to remove them very often) then use lug nuts on the spacers/adapters to your wheels.. I know some of the billet aluminum ones are thicker and dont leave much in the way of threads when bolted to the hubs..

#8 ·
Yes it is for front buffs. What I am doing is I got rid of my 2" spacers and went with a 6mm spacer that slides over the studs. Last time at the dunes I broke two tie rods with the big offset of the front tires and the 2" spacers I think that their was too much stress so I got rid of the 2" spacers and now am using the 6mm spacers.

#9 ·
If you could, keep us posted as to what you figure out. That way, I don't have to run all over town to get what I need. I'll be picking up some paddles and buffs Thursday morning and then heading to the dunes that afternoon. I'd rather not throw a wrench into the day if you know what I mean. Thanks.

#11 ·
I got some that work. They are for the Honda's Part # 90103-HA2-003 they are the same thread pattern and I was able to use the impact wrench to get them to mount. "Honda's ATV's not the cars" I still need 5 more so if you guys need any let me know and I will ask how many the dealers have.

#14 ·
When I was trying the different tires we used the little 14mm bolt / lug nut that came with the rims. They are flat and you could get a couple of full turns on there. The studs do seem short,

Fullerton Sand Sports Dave has them 714-484-5996

I think he is going to the Dune Tour, see if he will bring some.

#15 ·
I am going to have to get new nuts when I run the stock tires. Or cut the ends off of the stock lug nuts.

With 6mm spacers and DWT Red label wheels I could not get a single thread started. If you use a 14" wheel you will not need the spacers then you should be fine with the stock wheel studs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.