Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have owned my Prowler for 3 years now and it is time to do some upgrades.

On the list: Dual battery with Isolator, Accessory Fuse Block, Under glow and interior lights "Thanks to Bryan", Stereo with Marine Speakers Pods, Led Whip Antenna, Rewiring switches and adding additional ones, CVT temperature gauge, CVT inline fan, Water temperature gauge, and finally fan override 3 way switch.

Oh and some maintenance: Check and possible change out differential fluids and air filter.

Items completed about 2 weeks ago: EPI Sport Clutch kit, removal of one way bearing, New Severe Duty EPI belt.

Items already installed prior: Soft top, winch, led cube lights, and Charlie's homemade snorkel system.

Once I have it complete and cleaned up I'll add some photos. Hopefully if all goes well I can get the above accomplished this week sometime.

·
Registered
237 Posts
That sounds good Charlie!! I gotta do the EPI sports clutch!! My Swamp Lites are 28" and I'm not wanting to burn out a belt. I do 90% of what I use her for in low range, but you know how it can go!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds good Charlie!! I gotta do the EPI sports clutch!! My Swamp Lites are 28" and I'm not wanting to burn out a belt. I do 90% of what I use her for in low range, but you know how it can go!!

Thank Paxx. The clutch kit was definitely worth the $$. How do you like the swamp lites?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thank Paxx. The clutch kit was definitely worth the $$. How do you like the swamp lites?
They are great!! I have been very pleasantly surprised at how well they do in snow as well as in muddier terrain. In the short time i've owned this machine they have given me no reasons to not like them and a tonne of things that they are doing so well!! Very aggressive tread that still ride nice and seem very durable. I'm sure they will tear up the turf around the yard this summer and I'll have to watch that, but I really like them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are great!! I have been very pleasantly surprised at how well they do in snow as well as in muddier terrain. In the short time i've owned this machine they have given me no reasons to not like them and a tonne of things that they are doing so well!! Very aggressive tread that still ride nice and seem very durable. I'm sure they will tear up the turf around the yard this summer and I'll have to watch that, but I really like them.

Ok thanks. No snow to worry about in Florida but I do ride in a lot of mud and sugar sand. I was thinking about going with the 28's regardless of the tire I choose. Do you know which Mud lites you have?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Administrator
7,277 Posts
Modifying a Prowler makes perfect sense! Better to upgrade than buy another machine. My street tires are like brand new! Hard to hurt them on the street, but on loose sand they are worthless, that is fine as we ride mostly hardpack. My offroad tires are BigHorn's about 4 years old. They are down to about 50%. Once we get to AZ, I'll have to look at a good set of tires for the desert, thinking a strong sidewall will be needed.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Modifying a Prowler makes perfect sense!

I almost traded it in last year for a Polaris Ranger High Lifter but could not bring myself to spend 18k. So I decided since it is paid for, time to upgrade rather than trade. I am thinking about a second side by side to have. Bass pro has a left over Wildcat Trail for around 9k. Sounds like a steal and I could sell my sons ATV. The bonus, someone to pull me out when I'm stuck. Probably just dreaming though.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Reactions: Fairmont79

·
Registered
254 Posts
here is something you can do (if you havent done already) for cheap. seal the seat pan.
i bought some 3/4 inch by 1 inch tall weather seal off amazon. i used it to go around the battery hole under the seat (on the seat pan). the side along the back (closest to the seat back) i had some foam 1/8 thick that i doubled up. it was just too tight for the 3/4 thick stuff. in the pictures you can see i used some of the grey 1/8 inch stuff to tie the corner seams together.
i took the extra faom and stuck it to the removable hump on the floor along the top edge to seal the seat pan to the removable hump. i actually had to double it up so it was 1 1/2 thick. also i got some aluminum flashing i had laying around and pop riveted it to the underside of the seat pan to cover up the holes the seat slides into.
these mods really cut down on noise and also dust coming from the engine compartment. i think it cost me about 25 bucks for the two rolls of foam. here are some pics i took but they are not the best. i was in a hurry.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here is something you can do (if you havent done already) for cheap. seal the seat pan.
i bought some 3/4 inch by 1 inch tall weather seal off amazon. i used it to go around the battery hole under the seat (on the seat pan). the side along the back (closest to the seat back) i had some foam 1/8 thick that i doubled up. it was just too tight for the 3/4 thick stuff. in the pictures you can see i used some of the grey 1/8 inch stuff to tie the corner seams together.
i took the extra faom and stuck it to the removable hump on the floor along the top edge to seal the seat pan to the removable hump. i actually had to double it up so it was 1 1/2 thick. also i got some aluminum flashing i had laying around and pop riveted it to the underside of the seat pan to cover up the holes the seat slides into.
these mods really cut down on noise and also dust coming from the engine compartment. i think it cost me about 25 bucks for the two rolls of foam. here are some pics i took but they are not the best. i was in a hurry.

Ok, so you covered the entire bottom of the seat pan? I was thinking of doing something similar just wasn't sure what I could use that would be heat resistant. I was also thinking about placing a heat shield between the engine and the bed as well. If you happen to find what you used let me know.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Good idea! I put 3/4 foam sheets over mine, works ok... I like the flashing idea!

·
Registered
254 Posts
i didnt do the entire seat pan, i just covered the holes with aluminum flashing from menards that i has left over from an earlier house project. i figured aluminum would dissipate better. i used the 1/8 foam then the aluminum pop rivets crushed it perfectly. looking back i think i might have been better off using high temp rv silicone instead for the seal.

here is what i got from amazon. this isnt the price, i didnt order through my amazon account so i cant find the exact one. Large Weatherstrip

here is the 1/8 foam i got from amazon.

here is the type of flashing i used. you most likely can use pop cans if your careful. Flashing

·
Registered
237 Posts
That reminds me.........I actually have a new box of 1/2" Dynamat!!! I need to put that in the cowling as well the seat pans!!!! Thanks for the reminder!!!!! :)

·
Administrator
7,277 Posts
My downfall is that I can't leave stuff alone! Mama just does not see things as I do! I love the mechanical aspects of mine as much as I do riding! I was very fortunate to have a skilled mechanic for a father! Thanks Dad!

Reactions: CCProwlerhdx

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sneak peak at what I got accomplished last night. Several LED's wired along with my new speakers. I put two in the rear light housing that shine down on the bed and interior. Those will be wired to a separate switch. Thanks again Bryan for the light idea!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Turned out good! They are cool lit up... :) And its a cheap project, too.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts