Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever weigh their prowler?

I bet im pushing 2K with my full cab and the other crap.

I was looking into getting a camper for my truck a while ago and most everything I read is the load on tires is the big problem. There have been a few tire threads lately, does anyone care about tire load? I don't really, have been using my tires for years without problems. My mudlites are rated around 450 a tire. If I went with the mudlite xtr bumps the load up to around 1000 per tire in the rear. I usually have 10+ gallons, tools, other crap, towing a trailer with about 20lb tongue weight.

I have a scale by my house might see if they are open this weekend.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Load rating is a major deal and can cause many different responses from the machine while handling. Mainly when your dealing with your truck and camper. Because the more weight on the tire the hotter the tire gets and as the tire heats up it will expand and eventually cause wondering due to over inflation and blow out prematurely.

However on atv utvs I myself don't pay attention to it do to the fact that tires aren't heating up near as fast because they are usually run at a lower speed and psi which decreases tire pressure and and temp.

Also when looking at a tire size for a vehicle generally you can run one size high and run one less ply also such as. Your truck comes factory with a lt265/75r16 load range e (10ply), you can bump up to a lt285/75r16 load range d (8ply) and not have any problems.

P is a passenger tire 4 ply
Lt is always atleast a 6 ply
Load range c 6 ply
Load range d 8 ply
Load range e 10 ply
So on and so forth even as you get into commercial semi tires.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure where I got that 450 number, everything I can find says 14inch rims will be around 1000. I hear what your saying about heat.
I can shed an easy 230+ just making my brother jump out which did happen this year on a climb. Im sure I will kill the motor/trans before the tires. Rig squats pretty good on this trip.

Im still trying to figure out if the scales are open on the weekends.

Here is a old pic

Headed back

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Looks like a pretty good load, at least you should stay warm and dry with that cab, well worth the weight.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Not sure where I got that 450 number, everything I can find says 14inch rims will be around 1000. I hear what your saying about heat.
I can shed an easy 230+ just making my brother jump out which did happen this year on a climb. Im sure I will kill the motor/trans before the tires. Rig squats pretty good on this trip.

Im still trying to figure out if the scales are open on the weekends.

Here is a old pic

Headed back
very nice set up....I would say your loaded down.:):)great picture

1 - 6 of 6 Posts