Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just purchased a 2009 xtx 700 efi that the previous owner said it just went bang and quit. I figured I would take a chance and purchase it. After tearing it down the piston was in pieces and cylinder smashed/cracked. head and crank and timing chain seem ok, not sure why it blew as the oil looked good and lots of coolant figured maybe bad rings but the previous owner never said that it was smoking only that it was sluggish. The long and short I have searched high and low for a used cylinder as a new one is out of reach price wise so Im wondering what other engines will fit these machines. will a 700 out of an atv fit? they look similar but numbers dont match. my cylinder number is 0808-080-c
Any one have any advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi everyone, just purchased a 2009 xtx 700 efi that the previous owner said it just went bang and quit. I figured I would take a chance and purchase it. After tearing it down the piston was in pieces and cylinder smashed/cracked. head and crank and timing chain seem ok, not sure why it blew as the oil looked good and lots of coolant figured maybe bad rings but the previous owner never said that it was smoking only that it was sluggish. The long and short I have searched high and low for a used cylinder as a new one is out of reach price wise so Im wondering what other engines will fit these machines. will a 700 out of an atv fit? they look similar but numbers dont match. my cylinder number is 0808-080-c
Any one have any advice.
Thanks
I'm in the same boat. Bought my 09 a year and a half ago. @Fairmont79 was awesome and found me a used timing chain to get it going. We Blew the motor this fall. The shop near me tore it apart. $6400 in parts that they can't get right now, so I took it home. I read a thread about using a later model 700 H1 motor and swapping output shafts or something. I'm willing to do the legwork but was hoping to find someone that has done it and get advice.

Something like these? No idea what the differences are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, If you go to (below) and look up your engine parts then type in your engine part from the screen to the parts finder/look up in the bottom right hand corner and it will bring up the part and a box where it will tell you what other rigs have the same part thus what ones are interchangeable ( surprising how many parts are the same for most similar models) hope this helps

Arctic Cat Parts House
https://www.arcticcatpartshouse.com

·
Administrator
7,380 Posts
Any one have any advice.
Thanks
Pretty much the same engine, and as long as you have your engine case you can make it happen. POWERSPORTSNATION may be able to help on your Prowler parts. Good Luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds similar to one I rebuilt. It was run low on oil and broke the piston and crankshaft was out of spec.
I usually search the part numbers on eBay and look for good used oem parts. Or you can find them from countrycat or arcticcatpartshouse.
The 700 h1 should be similar from 2008-current with a few minor differences from atv to utv like the clutch exhaust, etc. So you should be able to find a good cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a 2009 xtx and im running a 2011 mudpro engine. The only thing you gotta keep in mind is if you use a complete motor check the yrs. I believe in 2014 a/c went to a different size flywheel so the stock ecu will not read it

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've got a 2009 xtx and im running a 2011 mudpro engine. The only thing you gotta keep in mind is if you use a complete motor check the yrs. I believe in 2014 a/c went to a different size flywheel so the stock ecu will not read it
The old flywheel/magneto was still good on the one I did so you can swap it over. You need to swap the stator and magneto both so the stator plug matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I purchased the mud pro it had a new engine with 0 miles. The guy couldn't get to run. I pulled it and put it into my prowler. Still wouldn't run. Come to find out he ordered a engine for a 2015 and yes the flywheel and startor are different sizes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts