Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Just picked a one owner 2012 700i XTX yesterday, or I should say my wife made me pick it up.. Dang the luck!!! It has 500 miles on it and looks like it has a lot less. We put on around 30 miles on the first ride and all seems well. Could use a little more low to mid-range torque, something maybe a little clutching would take care of. What I would really like is a set of 2 piece doors, that don't cost 3k. Anyone have any suggestions. Looking forward to all the great info on here. Thanks for having me...

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the family!!! that's the same machine I have ..im rinning 28s so far with no problems but I will do a clutch kit eventually, as far as doors are concerned,i think bestop makes them pretty reasonable,,and mabe a couple more places,,i made mine myself,,,,if your handy,,its not that hard to do:D

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome Yooper! I also have a 700 XTX, and they are a great machine. What part of the U.P. are you from? Sounds like you got a smart wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay in touch on the forum, we have some great members.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crystal Falls, 30 miles NW of Iron Mountain. Don't tell her that... LOL... thanks for the welcome. I plan on staying in touch, looks like a lot of good info and passionate prowler fanatics..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome Muddogefi. One of the things that impressed me the most on the forum so far was your doors. I'm fairly handy and have all the tools necessary to make my own. Would you be willing to give me some advice and or talk me through how you made yours, materials used etc. I was thinking something similar in black would look pretty nice. I saw the bestop doors for the rhino, but can't find any listed for the 2012 prowler, I could fab something similar and then skin them with some 1/16" aluminum. Really interested in your mounting, hinge set up and your door closure. Yours look great!!!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
thanks for the welcome muddogefi. One of the things that impressed me the most on the forum so far was your doors. I'm fairly handy and have all the tools necessary to make my own. Would you be willing to give me some advice and or talk me through how you made yours, materials used etc. I was thinking something similar in black would look pretty nice. I saw the bestop doors for the rhino, but can't find any listed for the 2012 prowler, i could fab something similar and then skin them with some 1/16" aluminum. Really interested in your mounting, hinge set up and your door closure. Yours look great!!!
welcome to the best prowler site great members,the doors of brian's are very nice,i bought a set of trail armor doors,i think around 350 dollars,but you can make a set a lot cheaper....lol i like spending money.:):)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the fourm! I think Bestop has stopped making stuff for Prowlers, I got lucky and found some on ebay to fit the old style cage but haven't seen any for the new ones. Brian's doors look better anyway. When you start your projects don't forget to post pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts