Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 650hi Arctic Cat Prowler..
I replaced the fuel pump and installed a check valve in the line from the tank. On reinstalling the new pump I found the hose from the pump to crankcase was broken off... I think that was my starting problem from the start. My question, where does the pulse hose connect to the case?? I stretched the hose in all directions thinking it had to be within reach somewhere.....I just can't see it ...
Thanks
jerrybo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found it........ It's under the air box between the carburator and the motor intake... I saw it before but being it had a piece of the hose still on it and facing away, I didn't recognise it...... I hope this saves somebody some time l....
Thanks for looking..
Jerrybo

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
A couple of us have tried the check valve and ran into an issue. When wide open it restricted fuel flow and it would die, had to sit and crank until it got fuel to the carb again. No problem at lower speeds but I finally took mine off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found it........ It's under the air box between the carburator and the motor intake... I saw it before but being it had a piece of the hose still on it and facing away, I didn't recognise it...... I hope this saves somebody some time l....
Thanks for looking..
Jerrybo
A couple of us have tried the check valve and ran into an issue. When wide open it restricted fuel flow and it would die, had to sit and crank until it got fuel to the carb again. No problem at lower speeds but I finally took mine off.
More problems. I bought a new pump to replace while I was in the fuel problem. It wouldn't start so I reinstalled the old pump and it shot fuel out about 3 ft. Both pumps look exactly the same but the ports on the new one were reversed. Seller included the Prowlers that it fit. There are dozens of port locations for these little pumps so I selected an exact match. How does one select a pump with no part number ??.. Anyway, the pressure surprised me so I'm going to try a check valve. I know, it ain't broke so why fix it ?? I'm going to install it in the line near the carburetor. I'll let you know if it works..
Thanks
Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts