Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put put an oil cooler on an 2012 700 xtx prowler, since they dont have one. What do you guys think? Will it void the warranty?

·
Registered
733 Posts
apparently they did away with them for 2012 on the 700xtx
I heard they were going to do away with them.. something about the engine being more efficient at cooling and flowing oil? anyhow, I'm not sure about the 2012's but I know it was an arctic cat accessory when mine was new (2010). Best thing would be to check with your dealer and see if they can put one on for you or if it would affect your warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm also gonna have the dealer add one to my 2012 HDX. They told me they are standard on the 1000 mine is the 700 .

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
oil cooler

seth,my 06 does not have one in front of radiator its built into the radiator.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered one, when i tried putting it on, it doesnt seem to want to fit because of the power steering box.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
cooler

where does your lines hook up on the motor.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'd say it would be different on the 2012's because of the power steering. even mine is tight on my 2010 without power steering. The return line acutally rubs on the steering shaft. I just noticed it, looks like I'll have to put a wear sleeve on the line before I end up with an empty crank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got it. I had to buy another bracket to offset the cooler to the passerger side everything seems to be working.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Glad to hear you got it to work for ya. I like the extra piece of mind of having the oil cooler on my buggy. These things can get quite hot when running open trails for extended periods.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts