Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know u are very knowable about these clutch setups i am a mostly dunner and sand rider. i have a 06 650 h1 prowler with a intake, and i now have the new style helix secondary and i change it to b-3 from stock with the stock spring. it will pull around 4900 rpms under load but it will fall of to 4200 i would like it to be around 5000 to 5500 i have 2-4 grams heaver weights in the primary. i heard u in a forum about lighter rollers for the dune's will that get me where i want to be

·
Registered
271 Posts
well, is there a particular reason you clocked the secondary spring to B-3? the bike will run better and shiftout better in the sand with it at the stock B-1 setting. the B-3 setting increases the spring rate on the secondary, which allows the secondary to close shut and snap back shut faster giving you a quicker backshift. the only folks that really need a quicker backshift is those folks in mud racing running huge tires that bog the engine down. they want the engine to backshift faster so when they are hard in the throttle and get out of it, and get right back in it, the secondary closes shut super fast to put them back in the lower gear when they nail the throttle again. in the sand, the sand slows you down enough, and the engine backshifts plenty fast enough on its own using the stock B-1 setting. so why exactly did you clock the secondary?

with the secondary at the factory B-1 setting, using an 18-19 gram roller setup will get you to your 5500RPM shiftout like you want. you said you have 2-4 gram heavier weights? so that means you have the green 23 gram weights in the primary now? you need the red 19s or you can lighten up a set of the blue 21s by drilling holes in the metal sleeve in order to lighten up the mass of the roller. getting a set of 18 gram rollers, or 19 gram rollers in the primary will get your RPMs up to where you want to be.

i still reccomend going back to the B-1 setting if i were you. clocking the secondary spring will wear the clutch shoes under the helix out super quick, this will cause you a slow delayed upshift and a very slow backshift.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks and if it helps it is a utv prower not the quad. i will put it back to b-1. when i put it to b-3 it brought up the rpms up. i will put 19 rollers in any see what happens thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts