Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy to the forum here , came over from ArcticChat, and was wondering if the folks who have upgraded from the 650 or 700 prowlers to the XTZ 1000 noticed a substantial reduction in interior noise , I have gone to the extent of closing in my 700 xtx behind the seats and used up a couple hundred bucks worth of dynamat extreme , although this has reduced the noise it is still to loud to really enjoy driving it especially on longer rides . A couple of dealers have told me the XTZ is alot quieter inside the cab , but I have to wonder , after a roof , front and rear windshields etc is it enough to warrant , I am happy with the performance of the 700H1 , but woudl trade up in a minute if it there was a lot less noise
thanks in advance bk

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have the 700, never rode in a XTZ, but i assume they are the same?? same engine cover and all, unless i am wrong. sounds like a dealer trying his very best to sell you a XTZ and make more $$. hahahahaha

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
do you ride with or without a brain bucket ?? ... I know my XZT is quite loud without the helmet on and moderate with it on ... but suggest some foam sound deadners [shooters supplies/industrial supplies] would be the ticket to quiet things down for you

·
Registered
199 Posts
There was a thread in here about putting sound dampeners under the dog house to quiet the noise, I think it was called dyna mat, They said it worked great, And was thinking of doing the same to mine..

·
Registered
491 Posts
i thought the loud noise was a great feature! it drowns out the screams of fear from the passengers! lol

but for reals . i used a bunch of Dyanmat to quiet mine down too . helped a bunch but still noisy went on the throttle .

·
Registered
682 Posts
I had an 06xt and it was loud also. I dynamatted the doghouse. It helped some , but it was still loud. I think the XTZ is about as loud as xt, especially if you put intake on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts