Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an ad on CL for a local shop that does tubing work. So I sent him an email asking for a general price based on other utv cages he has made in the past. He sent me a very short answer saying he doesn't give figures like that his price will be based on materials and labor cost. I replied asking again for a ballpark figure so I could do some budgeting and get a cage built before spring. Once again his reply was very short "I don't do ballpark"
To me this says that if he screws up a cage or two I'm expected to foot the bill.?? I mean if I were having someone roof my house I would want an estimate first.
Is this generally the way it's done?

·
Registered
491 Posts
he sounds like the usual CL guy that has a bender and thinks it makes him fabricator! and it sounds as if he has not done much with it since he cant gie you a rough guess on cost of materials and labor. BEWARE the CL hacks !

·
Registered
389 Posts
yes but shipping on an aftermarket cage can be brutal if you live somewhere in the east or south east. Most/All cage manufacturers are in CA/AZ etc...

I was quoted $650 to get UTV INC's cage for 4 shipped to me. Thats alot of dough. Thats why we have to look at local shops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts