Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready for a trip to Waynoka. I have a 450R built for this and a KFX700 for the wife. But, we also have a 5 year old. Every time we go out, I feel like crap for leaving her behind, but I am not ready to turn her loose on her little Suzuki 50. Well, no more of that. I had put rear seats in the Prowler (XTX 700) right after we got it. My new UTV Crap 4-seat cage is being delivered this week, as are 4 new safety harnesses. So, now I finally get to my question. Is there anything that those of you ridin the dunes with your Prowlers consider essential that I am missing? The cage already has a mount for the whip, so I got the stuff that I have to have. I am trying to decide whether to relocate the original tailight, or add a pair of new ones. I am kinda scared that I will end up spending a ton of cash on this before I am done, then still build a 4 seat buggy, but if I can get the most out of it on the sand, maybe not. What do you all say? Btw, in case you missed it I have the 700, not the 1000.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have a 650 and my 4 year old daughter spend the cool months at the dunes. I agree it is hard to find helments that fit the little ones. I bought a helment that has a flip down clear visor for her, but when she gets tired then it becomes to heavy for her little neck. At the dunes she only wears goggles. I can't stress how important it is to have at least a four point harness that trully fits all riders adults and kids.

My son is 2 and has not gone to the dunes yet but rides everywhere else. He rides in a car seat so I feel comfortable with that. It is a battle to get him to wear any kind of goggles though. Sorry to keep going on and on. Keep asking questions and I will tell you what I have seen and done.

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, Seth. Machine wise, are there any "must do" items? I have had my 700 for a couple of years, but have only used it on the farm. I am looking forward to seeing how it does in the sand.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I would say if you are going to start adding weight to the rear of the vehicle, you should probably look into upgrading the rear shock / spring combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts