Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a parts search on the Babbits website or Parts House website and they show that a part# has been replaced by another part#. I like to order from a particular website because I like that they have free shipping. However, they only list the old part# and not the new part#.

If I order the old number off of their website, would I still receive the new AC part? I emailed the same question to the place, but they couldn't tell me for sure. The particular numbers in this case are for the differential seals with new part# 1402-950 supposedly replacing old part# 0402-394.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your talking about Derby cycles! Give them a call. They a great bunch of guys and I am sure they will reassure you your getting the updated part. If you talking about another parts department I am sure it will be updated.
It is Derby. I emailed them and they replied back to me saying they didn't know for sure which I would be receiving. In fact they told me to buy it local so I knew for sure. That would be fine, but my local shop is usually $3-$4 more for the same part plus tax. Guess I can see if they will price match.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It is Derby. I emailed them and they replied back to me saying they didn't know for sure which I would be receiving. In fact they told me to buy it local so I knew for sure. That would be fine, but my local shop is usually $3-$4 more for the same part plus tax. Guess I can see if they will price match.
Dude, $3-4 more for local plus tax, go ask your local guys to match plus give an additional break for tax. They likely will.
It's important to support your local shop because they can sure help out if you do have problems... I hear it all the time from people that mail ordered...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude, $3-4 more for local plus tax, go ask your local guys to match plus give an additional break for tax. They likely will.
It's important to support your local shop because they can sure help out if you do have problems... I hear it all the time from people that mail ordered...

Well, when I was doing my bevel gear replacement, the local guys were "way more" money for the parts then who I ended up going with. But at that time, I never did ask if they would price match. But since that time I have purchased a few other things and I did get them to price match. So I guess I'll see if they will do it again. However sometimes it is just easier to click on a mouse and keyboard to order something online, rather than taking the time to drive and pay $4.00 a gallon for diesel to drive to my local shop. But I do understand wanting to support your local shop. However, I pretty much do all my own labor work. So I don't have to really rely on them, especially with the help of all the people on this forum and others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts