Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you not running adams clutches or speedwerks , what have you done one your own to the clutches them self's. diffrent rollers and weights ? I just want my XTZ to feel like the first time I drove mine, could not get it over fifty miles an hour with out it getting completly sideways and out of control , miss that feeling. I run it on fire roads hard desert and at glamis with paddles.:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add I have 1300 mile's on my XTZ and last desert trip to Glamis last weekend the clutch was kicking at around 4000-4500 rpms and the motor had to pull it up from there. thanx for the replies

·
Registered
132 Posts
I run the speedworks 15 gram rollers and love it. I live in ramona and run same areas
my rpms went from 5500 to close to 7000 in glamis and lots more low end.

roger

·
Registered
491 Posts
IMHO the best thing you can do is change the rollers out . i had all of Airdams work on one of my motors . it ran alot better. but for the money im not sure . this last motor has D&Ps rollers in it with stock clutches . this was the smoothest and best it had ever performed. a lot quieter and smoother with the RPMS set at 6800 . lots of Low end. for a 4 seater with 8plys .

Dean said awhile back that they had put a chart together with what roller work best with what mods and weights of the cars. you can call them, ask for Dean and see what he can recomend .

D&P performance 435-586-5172

·
Registered
561 Posts
Is it the 4 seasons clutch kit your talking about. the site won't let me post the link yet. Guess I'm still a rookie. LOL

·
Registered
491 Posts
Is it the 4 seasons clutch kit your talking about. the site won't let me post the link yet. Guess I'm still a rookie. LOL

just got off the phone with Dean about this kit . he says , its a general all around kit . that raises the shift out and mostly for low end .. for general riding in all conditions . ie snow mud , rocks or running snow tracks. ,

he puts kits together based on model , modifications , riding style , and altitude, its best to call with this info about your car and they can put together something that will work best for you .

hope this helps.

·
Registered
561 Posts
just got off the phone with Dean about this kit . he says , its a general all around kit . that raises the shift out and mostly for low end .. for general riding in all conditions . ie snow mud , rocks or running snow tracks. ,

he puts kits together based on model , modifications , riding style , and altitude, its best to call with this info about your car and they can put together something that will work best for you .

hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. This forum needs a thank you button like one of the other ones I go to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts