Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if you can weld this turf saver diff to lock it up? If so then what do you weld to make it happen. Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
Can anyone tell me if you can weld this turf saver diff to lock it up? If so then what do you weld to make it happen. Thanks
I have an xtx with the turf saver... why weld it up?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think it could be done. I have said it before that if I owned one I would weld it up. Only question is what is it gonna do to the heat treat? Does it matter? Can it be re heat treated. Or cryoed? When we were kids we used to weld up the spider gears for our cheap mans posi. They worked fine.
I just dont know where to weld it. That is why I posted this. I think it can be done just not sure if welding the limited slip part will hold. This customer does not want to spend 800 plus to put the turf saver ring gear back in cause he does not need it. If you put a 650 ring gear in then you have to buy the diff to wheel shafts also. Sand chris have you seen one of these diffs?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I have not seen one yet. Do you have it apart? If so post some pics And I bet we can work through it. I looked online to seee if I could make it out and could not.
Also if you change to the 650 rear diff don't you have to change to the 650 front diif too? Gear ratio different from the 700 to 650? If I remember right the 650 is a 4.0 and the 700 is a 3.6 ratio. I wanna say the 650 has a 9 tooth pinion and a 36 tooth ring gear. And the 700 has 10 tooth pinion and a 36 tooth ring gear.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not seen one yet. Do you have it apart? If so post some pics And I bet we can work through it. I looked online to seee if I could make it out and could not.
Also if you change to the 650 rear diff don't you have to change to the 650 front diif too? Gear ratio different from the 700 to 650? If I remember right the 650 is a 4.0 and the 700 is a 3.6 ratio. I wanna say the 650 has a 9 tooth pinion and a 36 tooth ring gear. And the 700 has 10 tooth pinion and a 36 tooth ring gear.
That is correct that is why I looked at changing the ring gear only. The bad thing is you have to buy new half shafts also. 700 and 650 have different axles. I have no clue on how to post photos. Do you have an email?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts