Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 06 prowler 650h1 and when i'm doing a decent speed and press on the brakes hard there is a racheting sound coming from where the belt is. any idea :confused:

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
It's generated from the rear brake being applied. Noise you hear is the drive train bouncing around, it's like ABS. Some members have found a warped rotors, bad pads. Arctic Cat offers a anti rattle spring kit that helps.

I never had this problem until I had worn pads and thought my rotor was warped. So I replaced rotor and installed pads. Then the famous noise starts. Installed anti rattle springs and it helped some, installed a piece of rubber hose under spings to make more tension and it really helped out. It seems the problem is finding a brake pad that can handle the heat and mate well with the rotor. It needs a good smooth pad pressure not a stop and go grabbing affect.

I am sure more members will reply to this and help out. We have talked a lot about this in other threads.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so its nothing to do with the tranny? I did replace the pads in the rear and the noise is still there. It also makes a rattle sound once it gets wet even when I'm not pressing the brakes. I saw the anti rattle kit but it says was for only 07 and newer models

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just stock oem ones from the arctic cat shop up here in Alaska.
do you know if the 2007 rotor fits on the 2006. for some reason the 06 rotors cost $108 and the 07 ones just cost $25 at the arctic cat shop up here.

when you say installed rubber hose under springs? what do you mean by that?

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
just stock oem ones from the arctic cat shop up here in Alaska.
do you know if the 2007 rotor fits on the 2006. for some reason the 06 rotors cost $108 and the 07 ones just cost $25 at the arctic cat shop up here.

when you say installed rubber hose under springs? what do you mean by that?
I wish we could install that rotor but it the part number is different and the rotor is cut different. Darn AC it's a big price jump.

What I mean by the rubber under the spring, is once you install the springs like the kit shows. Then cut a piece of rubber hose 3/8" OD about 2" long and slide under springs, causing the springs lay over the hose.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the info. i'll get the springs tomorrow and that should help the chatter when i'm rolling. about the chatter once i press the brakes i'll try the new rotor and new pads again and see if that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i havent changed the rotor yet. thats the plan. i'll look into the EBC pads. thanks again for the help

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Ebc pads and make sure you brake is adjusted you adjust the ebrake by applying it over and over pull the release and hold it and keep applying the ebrake a few times that will force the caliper piston out and adjust the brake. Take some 3/4 diameter hose and put it between the caliper and the antirattle springs.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
This is just my 2 cents on this issue.. I run a lot of trails with mud and water and the rattle is a good thing and i'll explain why.. this means that the pads have lots of clearance on the pins they ride on so that mud and debris won't jam them up and cause my brakes to stay engaged when I'm not using them. I believe this is why they were designed this way and thats why I haven't changed anything. I'm my case a little rattle is a sweet noise! haha :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
mine is doing it mosty under breaking..

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would, as many have already recommend the EBC brake pads.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts