Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new radiator, well Im 90% sure. I was working in the front of the rig this winter pulling the diff and messing around with the front storage tub. It seems like its leaking from behind the fan stroud, the only thing I have checked is the hoses going in and coming out. I must have pryed up against it or something.

The dealer wants around $200 for OEM replacement, is there anything out there with better cooling for around same price? Has anyone upgraded, spent the $$$, and has a stock one laying around. It could come off of 08 xtx, 09 550..xtx..700xt, or 2010 550..xtx.

Im hoping it is just a few pen size holes..if this is the case what do think of that raditor solder repair stuff, anyone had any success with this stuff

Thought I would see if anyone has any suggestions before I tear it out of there and see what going on.
Thanks--

·
Registered
491 Posts
first off i would pressure it up and find the leak .. if it is a small pin hole a radiator repair shop can fix up right up usually for less than $50 . ive used and fixed a few radiators myself with some soder but you need to clean the area very good and rough it up.watch your heat or you will have a HUGE hole in your core :mad:

what ever you do DO NOT USE STOP LEAK !!!! that crap or any other kind of miracle in a bottle should be banned . the reason it stops a leak is because it plugs up your radiator .

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Take your radiator to a good radiator shop and have them remove the plastic tanks and weld on aluminum. I had a shop locally tell me they could do it for about $100-$150. Makes for a better setup.
Of course a fab guy lost my radiator and I went the cadillac route and bought a CBR unit that combines the radiator and oil cooler, rated at cooling for a 200hp engine....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts