Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a roof and headliner kit from Arctic Cat but I'm not sure if I'm missing something to install the radio and speakers. It looks like the radio and speakers just mount/screw into to the headliner but to me it seems like there should be some type of brackets to support the speakers and radio. Does anyone have some advice on this radio/speaker install.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You guys are always wanting to look at naked pictures. LOL!

·
Registered
421 Posts
i bought a roof and headliner kit from arctic cat but i'm not sure if i'm missing something to install the radio and speakers. It looks like the radio and speakers just mount/screw into to the headliner but to me it seems like there should be some type of brackets to support the speakers and radio. Does anyone have some advice on this radio/speaker install.
if you and new style stereo with slide in bracket,you just put bracket in hole after cutting hole.then i just made a small l-bracket to mount rear of stereo,for support at back end of stereo.the speakers just mount with some speed nuts or c-nuts,your speakers may even come with them,some do.ive done 3 prowlers this way with no probs.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Speakers

You havta use 4in speakers in frt,6.5 in rear. I recommend kickers,you can get them dirt cheap at crutchfield,like 40 buks a pair

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Team Arctic. That's what i thought I would do but just wanted to get a 2nd opinion from someone who has actually done the job. Now if UPS can find my lost roof, I can put it all together. Roof's been lost somewhere in PA since 7/16.

·
Registered
421 Posts
thanks team arctic. That's what i thought i would do but just wanted to get a 2nd opinion from someone who has actually done the job. Now if ups can find my lost roof, i can put it all together. Roof's been lost somewhere in pa since 7/16.
one more tip,if you do get kickers you will have to get new clip nuts,it seems the one that come with the speakers are for the next size smaller screws or thet are made out of kriptinite because the screw will start on about two threads then strip out.they are a ***** to get back off!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I bought team arctic's old 650xt he did the radio install and it looks great and sounds awesome!

Thanks Don

Hey what about that red epi spring I was hearing about?

·
Registered
421 Posts
i bought team arctic's old 650xt he did the radio install and it looks great and sounds awesome!

Thanks don

hey what about that red epi spring i was hearing about?
sorry man,been busy with the remodel and movin in the new woman.i have that clutch kit in my truck,il drop it by or u know where i live:d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts