Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know BiPolar Jim already rained on my parade with the shocks but here they are...in all their wonderful glory..the worlds first 4 seater shocks from KING for the xtz1k.....hope they work as good as they look and feel...they may be for sale soon...:D

these things are truly works of art....

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
They look awesome!! If you dont mind sharing what did you pay for those?? My plastic skid plates are demolished from hitting rocks and other crap from the sagging rear..

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ummm more then i wanted to? haha..lets just say they are probably one of the most expensive shocks you can buy,,, :D

and my plates disappeared after the second ride...:eek: If you really want to know PM me.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Nice shocks I am jealous, i will be running Fox shocks also I hope

·
Registered
438 Posts
those things look great hope they work well for ya

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did you order those straight from King?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Actually King was going to use my stock shocks for a prototype and i had everything arranged with them. I shipped my shocks to them but apparently Bipolar Jim beat me by a day or two...but it turned out OK cuz Jim made some suggestions and i pressed King for them. I just had to pay retail which sucks when using high end equipment..so i am going out right now to fit them,,,i dont use the stock cage so my fitting may be diff then Bipolars setup...yes, i got them straight from King. I honestly tried all the manufacturers and no one has released them but Fox and good luck getting some of those..

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i can say i did a night test and found the next thing to "fix" , man the lighting SUCKS as bad as the shocks!! anyways, hell the only bumps i feel now are the ones bigger then my BELLY!! haha..thems big bumps!! My neighbor has a rhino, he said this thing not only smokes it power-wise but the suspension is amazing!! course he didnt ride the "before" version!:eek:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hey Split .Sorry for walking in on your post but how and where do you ride on the White Tanks. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
i can say i did a night test and found the next thing to "fix" , man the lighting SUCKS as bad as the shocks!! anyways, hell the only bumps i feel now are the ones bigger then my BELLY!! haha..thems big bumps!! My neighbor has a rhino, he said this thing not only smokes it power-wise but the suspension is amazing!! course he didnt ride the "before" version!:eek:
Split, have you done anything with the lights yet? On my 650 the stock lights are 35W, but you can buy the same style bulb up to 55W.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Split, have you done anything with the lights yet? On my 650 the stock lights are 35W, but you can buy the same style bulb up to 55W.
Try VisionX HID 886's or better yet, try out their XMitter LED Light Bars.
UTV Crap just sold their last 3 sets of HID 886's to me. I've installed a set on my new XTZ and am going to put the others on my shop Prowlers. But I bet they would get you set up with some more.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My upgrade was under $20, how bout yours? :)
Johnny sold me the kits for $135 each, which is a steal. But the HID's put out considerably more light than the 55W Halogens. The HID 886 Kits put out approx 8 (800%) times more light than the stockers and the 55W Halogens only put out 63% more than the stockers.

The XMitters put out even more light for more cash outlay. A 12" bar producing 3600 lumens, 100 more lumens than a 35 watt HID while drawing only 4 amps and boasting an astonishing 50,000 hour life span.

It all just depends on how much money you want to spend and how much light do you want. I plan on running pretty good speeds at night and need more light than the 55W Halogens will put out. For you, they may be fine.
So yes, you saved some money. But look at the potentials of the lighting as listed on the chart on the following website:
Xmitter LED Off Road Light Bars - Brighter than HID | Vision X Offroad Lighting - 1.800.994.4460

Stock headlights put out 440 lumens, 55W Halogen lights put out 660 Lumens, while 35W HID's put out 3500 Lumens.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont really enjoy riding at night much, thats a time for camp fire and beer for me.. :) I havent touched my lights yet but i will go for the HID kit. I went riding with a coupla guys this weekend with HIDs and they blinded me when i got in front of them...i like flying121s setup. Joes...mostly off the west side of the range on the fire/ camping roads..i am partial to high speed desert running. :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts