Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Ran at the Sand Drags this weekend..

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  sandchris 
#1 ·
Went out with some friends to ET Motorpark this last weekend. It was pretty busy, but I did get in a couple of runs on the track. The first race I got spanked by a full race Teryx. I didn't ask what motor he was running, but I know he has over 35K in the car. I ran a 7.756 @ 41.19mph in 2wd. He ran a 6.471 @ 47.18 mph. He just smoked me off the line. After half track it was even. We ran farther down the track and I was catching him a bit. Second race was me against a pretty stock rhino. 4-seater, long travel, the aftermarket cdi, clutch, intake stuff. I ran a 7.414 @ 40.89mph in 4wd and a passenger. He ran a 9.103 @ 32.77mph. The third race I ran against a semi raced out rhino. He had the body all done up and it was pretty loud. I ran a 7.298 @ 42.31mph in 4wd. He ran an 8.57 @ 34.01mph. I figure out that these things really need better clutching for the launch. These are 300' races. The holeshot is everything. With as much power as these motors have, they should be able to put it to the ground sooner. I have started looking into clutch options. I will keep you all posted on my findings. I would have run with the that race teryx, if I had the low end acceleration. I would gladly trade 10-15mph of my top end speed for some head snapping acceleration.................

#9 ·
You know how it is. Sometimes you hook up a bit better than others. Most of the quads were running paddles, but I didn't see any UTVs with paddles. There was a guy running an AC snowmobile on the drags. He was turning around 4 seconds and 80mph. It looked totally stock. There were a few alcohol cars out there. It is actually a good place to do some tuning. With the printouts you get, you can tell what is working and what isn't. 4th of July weekend is the next races. Plus there is some good times going on with the ******** at the mud bogs as well......

#5 ·
Here is some pics. of this past weekend @ Busco Beach in NC.Pretty cool place.It is a 1500 acre atv park-jetski park-sand drag-mud pit park etc.
There is a AC bike in one of these photos too.Well it used to be a snowmobile i think.LOL

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.