Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one, just found out how to enter the forum ! I`m just new at this so please be patient.

I have a 2008 650 Prowler a year old now, and just lately have experienced a rattling sound when applying the brakes. Not sure what the case is but it seems that the rear brake is initiating the noise to the transmision.
What can be done :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine (Same year, cc's) does it, too. I was told it was the engine brake (right in front of the rear differential) and pretty normal when you pin the brakes at higher speed. I would imagine that some of the more mechanically intimate guys will be able to give you more detail and probably a fix.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome to the site, the most common rattle is the rear drive line brake assembly. Possible causes warped or glazed rotor, loose mounting hardware.

Hope this helps.

Type brakes or brake rattle in the search box. You should be able to find some good info, I know this has been talked about a lot.
Yea, a whole lot. I've found tht if your coming off the gas and then brake, it does this. If i let off the gas and let the engine brake start for a second, then press the brake pedal, it doesn't do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts