Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windshield work is finished, replaced old unit with new one piece unit. 1/4" Scratch Resistant Lexan. My wife made vinyl fill panels that snap in. Should keep rain and cold breeze out! Easy to install, and I can store them under the hood. I am working on some aluminum panels, but that will take place this winter. I plan on installing some 2011 Mustang Fog lights in the new panel above the windshield. I bought the lights off ebay for 22.50 a pair, surprised the heck out of me, as they came with a wiring kit! Relay, push button Switch, wiring harness. They use 55watts each, but LEDs should be less. Factory Headlights are rated at 27 WATTS each, so either way they should work.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You are a fabricating fool RD....:D It looks nice. I like the background too. Looks like a pretty area you live in. I wish you lived closer. I'd have you work your magic on my machine.:D

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's something I've always wanted to do, but working at the Hospital as the Director of Facilities took all my time. Hell it even came close to the wife telling me it's over. We got lucky on our property, anything over 5 acres is impossible to find, or it is all timber or swamp! We found 20 acres on a paved road zoned as farmland. Retirement is a true blessing for us!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife bought a label maker, so I did it to bring a smile to her face, she love's to ride, and has a good grip on the Bar when we get crazy on the trails!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
It's something I've always wanted to do, but working at the Hospital as the Director of Facilities took all my time. Hell it even came close to the wife telling me it's over. We got lucky on our property, anything over 5 acres is impossible to find, or it is all timber or swamp! We found 20 acres on a paved road zoned as farmland. Retirement is a true blessing for us!
That would be great wish I could find something like that! Around here if you find 20 acres it has gravel roads all around and the houses are always filled with dust. I wouldn't mind the timber then I could hunt off my back porch:D

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
seams like the working man's fate [marriage thing] some make it and some like me after 33 years don't survive ... but I'm better for it.

like what you've done , it wouldn't work for me as I'm too tall and look out very high in the window :) ... I think we're using the same side mirrors [got mine at Big R ranch supply for 10 bucks each] .. are you going to add a filler piece for winter at the bottom ??

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the vinyl filler ready to go, I'll keep those under the hood until I need them, I have a full AC windshield for winter, so it stays in the garage until I need it, undo 4 bolts and it slips right in. I eliminated the factory top brackets. Life is good, but you make it good or bad, your choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Take care friend! RD

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
You are a fabricating fool RD....:D It looks nice. I like the background too. Looks like a pretty area you live in. I wish you lived closer. I'd have you work your magic on my machine.:D
Shane move to WVA I have 13 acres for sale with mineral rights,its in the country,we also sold 20 acres about 4 years ago also in the country.we are waiting for it to be leased for the marcella drilling,maybe timber first.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Prowler windshield looks great RD! Love seeing all your new work! Now, I've got some more catching up to do here. :)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gary, great to see you back! We missed ya! Still planning things to do on the Prowler.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Shane move to WVA I have 13 acres for sale with mineral rights,its in the country,we also sold 20 acres about 4 years ago also in the country.we are waiting for it to be leased for the marcella drilling,maybe timber first.
If I could I would. Job forces locations to be limited. I know the wife would love to go there and get out of Utah.:D It would be nice to have some space around us too. Always lived in residential subdivisions and getting tired of it. Would like at least an acre of space around me.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
If I could I would. Job forces locations to be limited. I know the wife would love to go there and get out of Utah.:D It would be nice to have some space around us too. Always lived in residential subdivisions and getting tired of it. Would like at least an acre of space around me.
I used to live in town also,really sucked,if you have kids it's a good thing.I live out but it still only takes me 15 minutes to get to town.:)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Happy to report that the vinyl panels worked better than we thought they would! Cuts down the cold greatly, and does keep the rain out!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts