Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We broke the rear axle on my 2006 Prowler H1 650. We have it out except we can not get it to release from the differential. Please help with any special way to get it out of there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks got it out. Now any special tricks to put it back in? Just line up the grooves with differential and slide it in? Should it be hard to slide in? So far it does not want to go back in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got it back in finally. We will see if it is correct when we drive it. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes we did and it is installed. We just went with an Artic cat one. For next time is there a better one that you would recommend? I keep hearing about the Gorilla Axles. But have not done much research on them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also my husband wanted me to post this information.

First of all We want to thank everyone for the help. When pulling the hub off the rear differential we found that by removing the large CV boot strap and removing the CIRCLIP the axle can be removed. We then wiped the grease from inside the hub and re-installed the old axle and CIRCLIP.

This allowed quicker force when pushing in the axle and pulling quickly outward acting as a slide hammer. This seemed to make the removal easier, the grease in the hub seemed to slow down the force applied when pulling outward.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Yes we did and it is installed. We just went with an Artic cat one. For next time is there a better one that you would recommend? I keep hearing about the Gorilla Axles. But have not done much research on them.
Next time you need axle parts or complete axle check out this thread. I call the CV man and ordered parts from him last time. Great customer service and it's all USA.
http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-suspension-discussions/2067-axles.html

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts