Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 650 XT, I road 2800 miles trouble free, and then I blew the rear diff. bladder, I changed the fluid, put on a new bladder and less then 200 miles later I blew it out again. my dealer gave me a new bladder kit that was longer and had a larger bladder, he said it was a silent recall thing and it should have been put on my machine long time ago.

my worry is- why did i go 2800 miles before I had trouble, if it was the bladder in the first place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my machine had the same problem, went a year after i put the same recall kit on my machine and blew it again earlier this year. i finally drilled the rear diff so it would vent right and so far its been good. no leaks or sepage. bipolar jim had the fix.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike won't the diff. fill up with mud ,water ,dust? how do you drill it? wouldn't just taking the bladder off the end of the tube do the same thing?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Mike won't the diff. fill up with mud ,water ,dust? how do you drill it? wouldn't just taking the bladder off the end of the tube do the same thing?
You will put a fitting in the hole that you drill with a line going to a vent. If you do a search for the rear diff fix you might find some great pictures of what to do. Bipolar Jim had a very detailed picture of what his race team did. Good luck.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Do a search for rear diff leak and you should be able to find the fix. I did the fix and have had great results.

Ok I found it for you.

Before you tare it down wait. I had the same problem until i relocated by diff breather and installed an actually breather not the pressure bellows. I installed the kit the Bi Polar racing is using and no more leaks.. Fallow this thread link and then go to the link inside to Bi Polar for pictures. I live in NR also so I can show you some time what I did if you want.

Rear diff leak

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
95 Posts
Another couple things to mention guys.
-Overfilled diff will cause excessive pressure in combination with higher speed runs for long periods of time.
-drilling another hole in the diff is not a great idea as you may be drilling into a higher pressure area and creating another problem. I wouldn't advise that one...
-engine and exhaust heat will also create fluid expansion. I have used the new bellows and added about 2 1/2 feet of vent line and routed the hose to the left (driver side) of the chassis. I have also seen another guy use a "T" connector and installed two bellows along the back section of the frame.
Hope I've helped
cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts