1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
look at the Bi-polar Jim thread, he has pics of a good set up

·
Registered
861 Posts
arizona prowler has a nice setup...it really looks like the ID of the tube just isnt big enough to breathe..i plan on following his setup here soon but with a tube splitter nearer the diff case...i think if you can expand the the volume a little it may breathe better... course thats just my OP...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Is that a synthetic gear oil that the Prowlers come with? Would it make a difference to run synthetic if they already come that way?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I believe the XTZ's come with synthetic because of the friction modifier needed for the limited slip rear end.. I have no clue about the other models but it wouldn't hurt them to run it even if they didn't come with it..

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Xtz's don't have a limited slip.Only the 700's have limited slip or turf saver diffs.
Arctic cat bladers do not work for high speed sustained runs.Especialy in the hotter parts of the year.They work great for being submerged in water and mud.
I have had good luck glueing in the seals and running syn. oil one inch down from the fill hole.A catch can or plastic res. with a filtered breether is best as long as it cannot get under water.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Xtz's don't have a limited slip.Only the 700's have limited slip or turf saver diffs.
Arctic cat bladers do not work for high speed sustained runs.Especialy in the hotter parts of the year.They work great for being submerged in water and mud.
I have had good luck glueing in the seals and running syn. oil one inch down from the fill hole.A catch can or plastic res. with a filtered breether is best as long as it cannot get under water.

Why a catch can? Can I just install a small K&N filter up high behind the seat and call it good? The 650 diff calls for SAE Approved 80W-90 Hypoid oil.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
You will have diff oil all over behind your seat if you just put a filter on.The oil will travel up the hose from turbulence, pressure, and temp rising.The catch can will allow the oil to separate it self from the air as it expands and run back down to the diff.In my opinion the catch can would be best if the breather had a offset for the filter to breath.If it is a straight shot diff oil can still wet the filter.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you just put a filter on, it will spit oil everywhere as someone pointed out the other day. Im going to install a race car style (quick change) fill/vented catch can to my existing vent location. These are about 7'' tall and 3'' wide and have an 8AN fitting on the bottom, which I will adapt to a hose and connect to the rear end vent. It holds 24oz so I think it it should have enough room for expansion. I plan to mount it on the XTZ's rollcage unless I find a place out of way. I just ordered it so we'll get it and see how it does. I didn't want to drill on differential, just in case it would mess up 2yr warranty. I plan to utilize that 2yr warranty as best as possible. I found mine at www.SpeedwayMotors.com part # 910-458552. Or I just found today a catch can made by Jaz Products that is even better looking with a K&N style filter on top. part # 605-325-01 www.Jegsperformance.com had it for around $70 bucks, but it is sharp. I'm gonna order it too and see which one I like the most. It holds about a pint.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You will have diff oil all over behind your seat if you just put a filter on.The oil will travel up the hose from turbulence, pressure, and temp rising.The catch can will allow the oil to separate it self from the air as it expands and run back down to the diff.In my opinion the catch can would be best if the breather had a offset for the filter to breath.If it is a straight shot diff oil can still wet the filter.

This must be why Jim at Bi Polar made the one he did. I am trying to picture the catch can method. Brain fart

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Check out Jim at Bi Polars breather.
http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/utv-desert-racing/470-new-bipolar-racing-xtz-1000-a-2.html

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
74 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts