Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when I was installing my snorkels I had to relocate my rear bladder to a different location on the roll bar,When I took the bladder off I noticed it had fluid in it,I didn't think the fluid would travel that far.and I also have a catch can.:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
None in mine, it's stock.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
You took it off and looked at it,how full is you rear diff.
Maybe I miss understood I was thinking you had it running out, like a lot of fluid, I can tell that is has been in the bladder but none ran out when I took it off but it has been sitting overnight. I keep my level below the fill plug as recommended.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I noticed when I was installing my snorkels I had to relocate my rear bladder to a different location on the roll bar,When I took the bladder off I noticed it had fluid in it,I didn't think the fluid would travel that far.and I also have a catch can.:confused:
When I had the factory (Bellows) bladder it would fill up and expand like a ballon after a few hard miles. I couldn't believe my eyes how far that thing expanded. I changed mine out to a larger fitting in the diff cover and a larger diameter breather tube that goes to a mini filter. Never had a problem since.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I had the factory (Bellows) bladder it would fill up and expand like a ballon after a few hard miles. I couldn't believe my eyes how far that thing expanded. I changed mine out to a larger fitting in the diff cover and a larger diameter breather tube that goes to a mini filter. Never had a problem since.
Todd you don't use the bellow any more,what does your mini filter look like.A few years ago I had one of the bellows bust (wasn't good,ruined a speedwerx exhaust) thats before I did the mod and dropped the fluid level.............Mike I didn't have any running out, I could tell that fluid had been in there.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Todd you don't use the bellow any more,what does your mini filter look like.A few years ago I had one of the bellows bust (wasn't good,ruined a speedwerx exhaust) thats before I did the mod and dropped the fluid level.............Mike I didn't have any running out, I could tell that fluid had been in there.
Mike

The one I use looks just like this. I didn't get it from this place but it gives you an idea of what I used.

K&N® - Clamp On Crankcase Vent Filter

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I think one of main reasons mine works well is due to the new billet diff cover having a larger hole and fitting and larger diameter vent tube that I run up and strap to the cage high above the rear diff.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think one of main reasons mine works well is due to the new billet diff cover having a larger hole and fitting and larger diameter vent tube that I run up and strap to the cage high above the rear diff.
Nice cover,Thats the same filter that I use on my crank case.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
who made the cover Todd ??

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
who made the cover Todd ??
A company in CA that I would never recommend to any one I like. So Gary I won't tell you. Any machine shop could draw one in about 30 minutes and make one for you. There are a few other members that have done them and I think if you search here you may find one. I will look on the Wildcat Forum and see if the guys there have had some made.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
understand completely THANKS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts