Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the drive shaft turns almost completely around before it engages the diff, I am assumeing this is not a good thing. How do i fix this, Is it a gear or turf saver problem or what.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
From what I have heard, this is an indication that the turf saver rearend is failing. How many miles on your machine? I understand that this type of failure happens around 2,500 - 4,000 miles. I'm sure other members will chime in.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If you have a turf saver, you may consider converting it to a regular rearend like what is on my 650. I know there are a couple members that have done it (Joe and DJ) that are much happier with it now. I guess price wise it wasn't too bad either. Hopefully Joe will chime in. Haven't seen DJ around for a while. I know Joe purchased parts to convert his. DJ is a hobby welder and welded something on his.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I would say its your turf saver,you are for sure gonna have to tear into it.dont know much about the turf saver,my 06 doesn't have it.P/M JOES5091 he did away with his.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it only has 860 miles on it.I just bought it second hand from a guy.I have read about welding the rear end ,That is my first thought but i would like to know the cost and what parts i will need to do it the rite way.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
it only has 860 miles on it.I just bought it second hand from a guy.I have read about welding the rear end ,That is my first thought but i would like to know the cost and what parts i will need to do it the rite way.
Iam not sure what all parts you need,but I have heard the cost to do it right is under 500 dollars,thats converting it over to the older style,I think fairmont79 might have a list of the parts.Joes5091 also does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts