Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
These look the same, but I don't know if the dimensions are the same and if built to the same weight standards as what they put on the Prowlers. could probably contact the sellers and have them give you some dimensions.

05 Arctic Cat 4x4 500 Manual Right Rear Wheel Spindle Knuckle B 11 | eBay

Arctic Cat ATV RH Rear Knuckle Assy 05 12 400 450 500 550 650 700 0504 548 | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arctic-Cat-550-A-H1-EFI-4x4-09-Rear-Axle-Carrier-Knuckle-Right-/300924919876?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461085e044&vxp=mtr

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These look the same, but I don't know if the dimensions are the same and if built to the same weight standards as what they put on the Prowlers. could probably contact the sellers and have them give you some dimensions.

05 Arctic Cat 4x4 500 Manual Right Rear Wheel Spindle Knuckle B 11 | eBay

Arctic Cat ATV RH Rear Knuckle Assy 05 12 400 450 500 550 650 700 0504 548 | eBay

Arctic Cat 550 A H1 EFI 4x4 09 Rear Axle Carrier Knuckle Right | eBay
Quads show a different part number.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Quads show a different part number.
Was the one you purchased listed directly for a Prowler? Or was it off an ATV?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Here you go Mike.... Knock yourself out and enjoy no more chatter when you are finished......:D

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-general-discussions/4198-converted-driveline-brake-4-wheel-disc-brakes.html

The Prowlers and ATV's often share the same brake calipers. The difference will be whether it has the larger or smaller mounting bracket for the larger or smaller rotors. So you can do a general seach on eBay for the best deal. Mine were new from CountryCat. Bought two new front calipers for the price of basically one.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Now I have.
1 USED KNUCKLE EBAY
1 NEW KNUCKLE 2010 700 XTX
2 NEW FRONT ROTORS 2010 700 XTX
2 NEW FRONT HUBS 2010 700 XTX WITH STUDS
BRAKE LINES ORDERED FROM TECHNA-FIT INC.
2 NEW CALIPERS COMPLETE 2010 XTX
ALL HARDWARE ALSO BANJO BOLTS AND CRUSH WASHERS,TAPERED SCREWS FOR ROTORS.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Here are a couple calipers. They aren't very pretty looking, but that is deceiving. That place just pulls everything off and takes a picture whether it looks like it ran through a mudbog or not. I bought a few items from them, and after a little cleaning the stuff looked almost new. Don't pay their asking price, however. I always contacted them and worked out a private deal outside of ebay for a lot less.....:D I've found a lot of calipers on eBay, but they would equal the smaller rotors on the Prowler.

Arctic Cat Prowler XTX 700 4x4 08 Brake Caliper Right Front | eBay

Arctic Cat Prowler XTX 700 4x4 08 Brake Caliper Left Front | eBay

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Now I have.
1 USED KNUCKLE EBAY
1 NEW KNUCKLE 2010 700 XTX
2 NEW FRONT ROTORS 2010 700 XTX
2 NEW FRONT HUBS 2010 700 XTX
NOW I NEED 2 CALIPERS FOR THE FRONT, FROM ANY PROWLER.
Don't forget your line lock and your brake lines....:D I'll find you my order information and forward it to you. You are probably looking at around $125 for both the line lock and all brake lines and fittings.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are a couple calipers. They aren't very pretty looking, but that is deceiving. That place just pulls everything off and takes a picture whether it looks like it ran through a mudbog or not. I bought a few items from them, and after a little cleaning the stuff looked almost new. Don't pay their asking price, however. I always contacted them and worked out a private deal outside of ebay for a lot less.....:D I've found a lot of calipers on eBay, but they would equal the smaller rotors on the Prowler.

Arctic Cat Prowler XTX 700 4x4 08 Brake Caliper Right Front | eBay

Arctic Cat Prowler XTX 700 4x4 08 Brake Caliper Left Front | eBay
Damn Shane my fingers are sore from hitting the buy now button,Todd should have never dared me.:D Shane thanks for all your help,someday I will help you spend your money.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
You will be happy with the results. I am glad I dared you! If you can wait till I get the new twin piston set up you can have my front calipers and rotors for the cost to ship them.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You will be happy with the results. I am glad I dared you! If you can wait till I get the new twin piston set up you can have my front calipers and rotors for the cost to ship them.
Your front calipers I would like to have ,I already ordered the front rotors.when is he gonna make the calipers.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everything now is ordered except rear pads,right caliper is on backorder until aug 21 he said it could be sooner.I told him to wait and ship when everything comes in............Thanks SHANE for all your help, you made this job easy.:)Now my finger is sore...............:D Everything is new except one knuckle.Time to start saving again.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Go to your local O'reillys and pick up the Wagner 5.1 fluid for like $15 for a quart. Have them order it in if they have too...

Wagner® Brakes FC133301 - Brake Fluid | O'Reilly Auto Parts
X2 ... sure think it would be a huge improvement , 'specially where ya ride mountains with steep declines for long ways ... some of them around here are a couples miles down and steep as all get out . lucky for me the twins do a good job of keeping it under control with a few brake taps to get it back to deceleration speeds

I'm sure the single cylinder guys will appreciate the extra boiling temps with the 5.1

1 - 20 of 70 Posts