Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have an 08 xtx with the "turd saver" rear end, this rear end is horrible and with only 1500km, it has burned up inside.. I need to replace it, but was wondering if anyone knows what atv rear end i could swap it with, without gearing issues??? I want a locked rear axle not a turd saver. thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
It has 3.6 gear ratio which is the same as most 4whlrs. An 05 500 man trans has this gearing,however the inner axle joint splines are a diff size so you have to get diff rear axles,or the inner joints.there are some posts on here about a place call cv restoration i thnk that will sell you just the inner joints.or 650xt axles should work

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sorry I am of no help here. I have not had to deal with diff issues yet.
I have a 08xt and it's diff is locked. Which is great when you break a axle. I was able to finish my weekend ride with a broken right rear axle. Just had to get a good run at some obsticals.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im hoping someone will know of one that bolts right in and is fully locked and will also accept the 700xtx axles. i need the beast for plowing and i sure as hell aint rich!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, maybe this is another option??? Does anyone know what parts i would need to replace instead of ordering a complete rear end??? thinking maybe i'll get lucky and just need a few things. can you buy the clutch packs or whatever the heck they are???? or am i grasping at straws???:(

·
Registered
421 Posts
ok, maybe this is another option??? Does anyone know what parts i would need to replace instead of ordering a complete rear end??? thinking maybe i'll get lucky and just need a few things. can you buy the clutch packs or whatever the heck they are???? or am i grasping at straws???:(
the parts break down doesnt show thats its servicable,meaning you havta buy the whole carrier/ring gear assy for $830. the gear w/o the turf saver for a 500 atv is $175. i would assume you could prolly get that gear and inner axle joints from cv restoration cheaper the $830. and not havta worry about it anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts