Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, new on here and I have been following a lot of post on here. Great information. I was changing out my bearings in the rear of my prowler and I noticed the rear end housing was moving around. The bottom bolt had no slop in it but the top bolt had quite a bit of slop. Is this normal? I even noticed that when we gave it gas it seemed to be moving. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great site, great members! The rear end should not move at all. The case and frames holes are sized pretty close. The top bolt holes may be worn, as under acceleration the differential will try and rotate up in front. Check the bolt for signs of wear, and also check the frame mounting holes for any wear. If the frame holes are worn you have several approaches, weld hardened washers on the frame, or get a stepped bushing that fits the bolt (have to drill the frame to accept the bushing). I'm sure others will chime in and help.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have a question, new on here and I have been following a lot of post on here. Great information. I was changing out my bearings in the rear of my prowler and I noticed the rear end housing was moving around. The bottom bolt had no slop in it but the top bolt had quite a bit of slop. Is this normal? I even noticed that when we gave it gas it seemed to be moving. Any ideas?
welcome to the best prowler site,did you see if you could tighten them up,if you have the xtz they have a lot of torque,like fairmont 79 said there should be no movement in the housing.stay in touch.:)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Tighten them up no its not normal. My diff fell out tore the frame a part broke two axles. I had mine in for service a week before it happened. You would think they would of go the extra mile and fix it then. Needless to say I don't buy anything from them anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Tighten them up no its not normal. My diff fell out tore the frame a part broke two axles. I had mine in for service a week before it happened. You would think they would of go the extra mile and fix it then. Needless to say I don't buy anything from them anymore.
Rob is that what happened to yours the bolts come loose.or did the weld on the brackets break.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the information. I did check the bolts and holes in the frame for wear. Both showed slight wear but no major damage. When I checked the top bolt was a turn and a half loose. I tightened it down and there is no movement. Should I put lock tight on threads or double nut it? I am heading to Utah next month so I am going thru and checking everything. Again thank you all

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I'd go with the locktite, simple fix! Have a good, and safe trip to Utah, keep us posted on your adventure! Glad we could help, now stay in touch.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Heck, I'd go with loctite and a double nut. A little added reassurance that it won't come loose again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts