Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anybody has discussed this or not, but i have discovered that a rear seat out of a cj or wrangler jeep works very well for a rear seat in the prowler. The front mounts through the factory bed bolts, just using longer bolts, it aligns perfectly. Then you just drill the three rear holes and mount it. Didn't take but about an hour. The seat was given to me so i have saved quiet a bit of money. Now all i have to do is make my cage extension to make it safer. Just thought i would share this info with all the do it yourselfers.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don't know if anybody has discussed this or not, but i have discovered that a rear seat out of a cj or wrangler jeep works very well for a rear seat in the prowler. The front mounts through the factory bed bolts, just using longer bolts, it aligns perfectly. Then you just drill the three rear holes and mount it. Didn't take but about an hour. The seat was given to me so i have saved quiet a bit of money. Now all i have to do is make my cage extension to make it safer. Just thought i would share this info with all the do it yourselfers.
I actually did some measuring and looked at the jeep seats on the JC Whitney website and noticed they were pretty close. You can even get a new seat from there for about half the price of some of the utv suppliers.
Lets see some pics!

·
Registered
51 Posts
It works great, I did the same thing, make sure you get a " fold and tumble " seat so you can tip it forward if no one is riding back there and fit a cooler or extra gear. I might be wrong but I think most all CJ's are the same but u have to make sure whatever year you are looking at is a fold and tumble seat.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry i haven't had time to put up some pics guys. I've had some illness in the family to deal with. I'll get some pics on here as soon as i can. My seat came out of an 80 something model cj that was converted into a rock crawler. I think its an 86 model. Mine is not the fold and tumble, but it was free. I wish it was but i made mine work just fine. I can always strap the cooler and gear on top of it when my daughter is not riding. It's not a big deal. We used it for the first time Saturday and she and her friend loved it. They had a blast riding back there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts