Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you with rear seats facing forward, how's your weight distribution? What's the weight of your rear passengers? I have 2 buckets facing rearward but since i've added the rear cage I want to turn them facing forward but I wonder how it will affect steering, climbing hills and such. Both of my children combind weigh less than 200 lbs but thats alot behind the rear axle.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Hi Ryan,

I have the 650 XT with a full cage and a bench seat for my two kids. I have been driving mine for so long with the rear bench I can't remember what is was like without one. With the added weight of the cage and seat/cooler rack and items in the ice chest I can notice the front end getting light on some hill climbs. Keep in mind AC says the bed capacity is 600lbs and we all know if you put 600 lbs in it you will notice it.

On big key is if you load up the bed with alot of weight the factory coils will sag really bad and limit your ground clearance. So you have two options with that problem buy a lift kit or aftermarket coil overs.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ryan,

I have the 650 XT with a full cage and a bench seat for my two kids. I have been driving mine for so long with the rear bench I can't remember what is was like without one. With the added weight of the cage and seat/cooler rack and items in the ice chest I can notice the front end getting light on some hill climbs. Keep in mind AC says the bed capacity is 600lbs and we all know if you put 600 lbs in it you will notice it.

On big key is if you load up the bed with alot of weight the factory coils will sag really bad and limit your ground clearance. So you have two options with that problem buy a lift kit or aftermarket coil overs.

Thanks Seth
I haven't considered the coil sag, i'll have to raise them up tomorrow. The kids are about 170 lbs and a loaded cooler in the rack is probably 30 lbs, plus the seats I made probably weigh 40 lbs. Thats 240 hangin out slightly past the rear axle. A winch might help offset the weight a little. Heres an old pic of the seats I mounted, they came from a subaru brat.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ryan,

Thanks Seth
By the way Seth are you running 26x9 bighorns front AND rear? Does that make the handling a little tail happy having a norrower rear? Thanks for your input.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts