Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,,,,anyone have any ideas on getting the shaft cup out of the diff??? it started out by being a seal change.normaly the whole shaft pops right out of the diff but not this time....some help would be great,this things kikin my ass..lol

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I used to be gentle in trying to get those out in fear of damaging one, but then an experienced member on a different forum told me to just grab the shaft push in and then just yank on it. Popped right out after that. Just give it a good tug if you haven't done that yet.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I used to be gentle in trying to get those out in fear of damaging one, but then an experienced member on a different forum told me to just grab the shaft push in and then just yank on it. Popped right out after that. Just give it a good tug if you haven't done that yet.
^ that's what I do. If that doesn't work you can pull the diff with axle and take apart, then pop it out from inside. Someone on here had to do that once.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys,,someone told me today to push in in the shaft while pulling out on the cup and it slid right out.... makes no sence to me but it worked

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will have to do same to get it back in. Releases retaining ring so it will go thru ID and lock from inside.

·
Registered
733 Posts
yup, that quick little push in allows the clip to pop out of the groove and then it seems to pop right out.. glad you got it out

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
axle

i just took one out of a 400 kawaski 4-wheel drive all i did was shove in and pulled it out.i know this is not a kaw forum..........forgive me.:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts