Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Rear View Camera

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Fairmont79 
#1 ·
There's a company called staywildoutdoors thats coming out with a Rearview mirror backup camera that lets you view the front or the rear of the buggy,and it's fully water and dust proof,It's made for (UTV'S) release date will be before april 17 no price yet....

#3 ·
Did you order one yet? LOL These things are terrible to see behind you!

Reactions: de3
#4 ·
Rear view mirrow

I have a friend that put in a back up camera because he had his spare tire mounted where he couldn't see out the back and it works great but I have the Axia curved mirror and I can see great. http://www.axiaalloys.com/index.htm The curved mirror will amaze you what you can see. I have the panel mirror on my sand car and the curved mirror is way better. DON~~~

Attachments

#5 ·
I mounted a back up camera on my boat trailer and hot wired it to the monitor in my truck to watch traffic behind me when towing. It worked great! It would be easy to make it work in a SXS... I have a spare or two. Might give it a whirl!

#7 ·
Good to know! I'll keep watching.

#8 ·
i just spent 29 dollars for one for my grain trucks,for filling air seeder, that is camera and monitor, waterproof, for 29.00 I might put one on the prowler.

#9 ·
this was an idea i was kicking around a couple years ago. i found a backup camera only on ebay and a 6 or 7 inch monitor that would fit in the center of the dash just under my switches. i never did think of pulling the trigger on it, i got wrapped up in other projects. i may have to revisit this one this summer sometime. the HDX with the sliding rear window doesnt give you any vision for a mirror.

#10 ·
I'll be getting mine in 4 days,I'll send a picture when installed!costing me 35.00 instead of 29. cant find the 29.00 one again

#11 ·
Still gets me how the new wave of electronics/gizmo's can be so cheap! I bought a 7mm camera, and software for 16 dollars. The picture quality is amazing!

#12 ·
you should do a write up on that cam. i have been thinking about getting one. probably could have used that this weekend checking out my uncles sled. motor is locked and we have no understanding why. it just locked up sitting. would have been interesting to stick a cam in the plug hole to see what was going on in there.

#13 ·
there is a thread about the cam out there several guys we're involved with the thread .... do a search

#14 ·
Here we go: The hand held unit offers user convenience over the lap top unit. The hand held unit is 49.95 and has the ability to zoom in or out, rotate the picture, turn up or down the brightness, or contrast. Both cameras will fit a small sparkplug hole. I use the hand held unit more that the other! As for the lap top camera unit, it has several drawbacks! 1) You need to move the camera to an object or away from to focus it, it does allow brightness change only. The cost at 15 dollars is what attracted me to it! Both units are waterproof!
If I did it again, I'd stick strictly with the hand held unit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.