Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure someone has asked this, but what do folks recommend for shocks and springs for heavy rear loads? 600-800lbs in the cargo bed?

I have broken three right rear shocks (I keep a spare shock with a spring mounted on it with me at all times now for in field repairs).

·
Registered
861 Posts
:mad:I cant run stock shocks anymore..as soon as i find a decent deal on some good shocks, the junk stockers are gone...

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I am thinking Fox piggy back 2.0 or Elka or well anything but the stock Sheeeet!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ran Bilsteins on my 06 XT. I ran the stock replacements, then longer ones when I did my long travel. They are only about $1300 for all 4 which isn't too bad. They were 100 times better than stock. I don't think there is anything out as a stock replacement for the XTZ yet though...................

·
Registered
122 Posts
We have stock replacement Walker Evans for the XT, XTX. They run 1512.00 retail and members pay 1400.00. You can order them with heavier spring rates for the rear if you have a 4 seater. We also have replacement spring for the XTZ. We have 250-350's depending if you have a 2 or 4 seater. The springs are 53.99!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
King makes shocks for all AC models we've ran Elka, Walker Evens, and some special built stuff King is the best bang for your buck.

I'll have my new Kings for the XTZ in an hour I'll post some pic.

Jim

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Dentless, how did you make out on ground clearance with the Bilsteins? At the nice ride setting I lost about 2" of clearance, and in order to get it back I had to really preload the shocks. Now it is, shall we say, rather stiff-riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts