Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a third hand '09 650xt. when i first got it, i had to replace the battery. a screw that holds the back door to the battery box has rusted and wouldn't turn loose, so i could not pull the battery out the back like it was originally designed. so i had to pull the whole battery box out from under the seat. I swore i'd never do that again.

so, i'm in the process of replacing the starter and decided to put a new battery in the front storage box under the hood while i'm at it. has anyone else relocated the battery to the front storage box, and if so, would you share some pics of your setup.

thanks, in advance.

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Many have done that! The tub gives you easy access, but you lose some storage. Battery tray and wiring to make it work! The battery compartment under the driver's seat is a pain! There is room on the frame area under the driver's seat for a larger battery, but access is still somewhat difficult.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
what type of riding / terrane do you ride in normally .... if mountains and there might be a chance of timing/rolling your rig over on it's side ... you can't get the hood open when it's on it's side BTDT x2

so tools / recovery gear and battery access is limited , so suggest a sealed battery and well mounted one also. and also a great time to think about up-sizing the battery

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
Sealed battery, and remote charging posts will really make a nice install!

Reactions: Bryan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got the starter swapped out with regular wiring to battery box under the seat. now i can take my time with the battery relocation at my own pace.

i want to hear more about the remote charging posts...any pics or write-ups on how and where to locate them?

thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Mounted mine as RD did, under the seat, down low on the frame. Love it there! The remote terminals are in the floor pad, under the drivers seat.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts