Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my DFR steering wheel setup, tried installing it but was unable to pull the wheel off. I took the cotter pin out and zinged off the nut. Do I need to get my craftstman gear puller back from my friend

Or use something else:confused:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I just tapped the backside of the wheel with a hammer, using a block of wood to protect the wheel. Came right off with about 4 hits (not hard hits either).
I really like that DFR Quick Disconnect Wheel...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Used Pb blaster, tried banging on it some more, while someone was pulling at the same time but no dice.

Hopefully the puller will do the trick.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got the wheel off with the puller, however when I assembled everything up the steering shaft feels way to loose. Do I need to add washers? New steering shaft:confused:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There should be a wave washer that you can see behind the hub.That has to be tight enough so the steering shaft does not flop around or have too much play in it.
Ahh I see, the washer is there but it doesnt seem like there is enough pressure on it. I was going to remove the dragonfire piece to put another washer in there but now I cant get that one off either.

Also is there anyway that the horn is supposed to work? It just doesn't seem like it fits in anywhere.
sounds like me . Murphy's law.
Tell me about it! Im just trying to get out to the desert:eek:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Also is there anyway that the horn is supposed to work? It just doesn't seem like it fits in anywhere.
If it's the Quick Disconnect Steering from DFR, you should have received two center buttons for the wheel, the one that came with the wheel and another that came in the Quick Disconnect Kit, you don't use the horn button center that came with the wheel, just remove it and replace it with the QD Center (take out the small screws around the center of the wheel to change it out).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts