Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am looking at replacing my stock battery with an after market one in my 2009 1000 XTZ. Does anyone know of a good battery that will fit in the stock location? I want to put an optima or a odyssey in there. I need to run 6 HID's and 2 PIAA's. The stock one just can't do it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Either the Vision X xpc-400 or the Odyssey pc925 will work. Why dont you just add an auxilary battery to run your lights and accessories? I run the stock battery and a blue top Optima with a surepower seperator/isolator. Going this route the stock battery will stay charged even if the aux battery is run down to nothing.

·
Registered
166 Posts
hi just wanted to know where u put the extra battery and where u got the isolater

thanks
I mounted the extra battery under the hood in the storrage tray and I got the isolator used from a member on the rhino boards. Just google surepower 1314 and that is the one I am using.
here is a pic of the battery

·
Registered
682 Posts
I put a battery isolator on my 650xt, but i can't remember how i wired it. How did you wire the isolator in to the stator? I now have a XTZ.

·
Registered
166 Posts
it was a really easy install with the surepower isolator. I ran a short battery cable from the stock battery pos. to the "main battery" pole on the isolator, a longer cable from the optima pos. to the isolator on the "aux battery" pole, then a ground wire for the isolator to the frame, and grounded the optima to the frame also. Another cool feature about the surepower is you can wire a momentary switch to it and it ties the two batteries together incase you need more starting power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, I am looking at replacing my stock battery with an after market one in my 2009 1000 XTZ. Does anyone know of a good battery that will fit in the stock location? I want to put an optima or a odyssey in there. I need to run 6 HID's and 2 PIAA's. The stock one just can't do it. Thanks!!

I put in an Odyssey 680 works well you can go with the bigger PC925 as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts