Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, does anyone know how to get rid of the reverse override on the prowler XTZ 1000, i really hate how it limits your speed in reverse. There has to be a way without a chip. My old 660 grizzly had it, and all i did was ground out a wire and i had full speed in reverse for getting out of those gross mud holes. Thanks!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that works. The switch is only for diff lock in reverse, not when you are in 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive. Am I right?

·
Registered
33 Posts
on my 1000....it's on in reverse not matter the mode

it's on in diff. lock forward.......i hate the thing....bout gets you killed on hills...probably good on flat ground with the switch....i don't really want to run 70 in reverse....even though my buddies would probably have a good time watching it.....

i've never tested it but i'm almost certain you can jump around it...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ya Im going to work on mine too. It did about kill me going up a hill in low.

·
Registered
682 Posts
you got that dangerous stuff right.When the diff lock is engaged it has the rev limiter engaged. That sucks. Got to get that thing disabled.When the cdi boxes come out that should take care of it i hope.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone bought a Dyna Tek CDI box out there? Just wondering if it does all it claims to do, No more reverse cut out, easier starting, faster, etc,etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts